Neymar

Not a fan of Neymars attitude but he was exceptional last night, one thing that stood out for me is how distant the front three seem to be at times.

What’s Neymar like with his square passes to the centre forward though?
when there is a defender in the way probably the same as foden

He made one mistake last game vs Bournmouth....and people are hanging him out to dry...

ID rather have FODEN in this team than Neymar - he is a far better team player, wont poison the dressing room, take time off in the middle of the season and genuinely cares about the club...NONE of that can be said for Neymar..

Gladly he will never ever come here

when there is a defender in the way probably the same as foden

He made one mistake last game vs Bournmouth....and people are hanging him out to dry...

ID rather have FODEN in this team than Neymar - he is a far better team player, wont poison the dressing room, take time off in the middle of the season and genuinely cares about the club...NONE of that can be said for Neymar..

Gladly he will never ever come here
Well the certainty of your last sentence makes it all a bit academic then doesn’t it?
(But at least you didn’t post ‘close thread’ ;-)

None of what you’ve written takes away some the gnawing concerns I have about Foden though.

Well the certainty of your last sentence makes it all a bit academic then doesn’t it?
(But at least you didn’t post ‘close thread’ ;-)

None of what you’ve written takes away some the gnawing concerns I have about Foden though.
well at least you admit its personal.....

Foden is 21/22 years old...he has so much to learn and yet is already an established player in a Pep team....surely that says something of his ability

well at least you admit its personal.....

Foden is 21/22 years old...he has so much to learn and yet is already an established player in a Pep team....surely that says something of his ability
Yes for sure re your second para.

‘Personal’? It’s only ‘personal’ in the sense that I’m talking about Neymar and Foden, as any other post on here where an individual posts about other individuals!

I’m not generally one for posting the absolute certainties about players that some are on here. All players have their qualities and faults don’t they? I just feel some of the hype around Foden has been at such a high level, that it’s an awful lot to live up to.
I love watching him play, and for him to score is more satisfying than when any other player scores, because you know he is a lifelong blue. So there’s certainly no lack of wanting him to achieve on my part. And I think he’s a fabulous footballer, we are agreed. But like all players, can and should be called out when mistakes are made.

Yes for sure re your second para.

‘Personal’? It’s only ‘personal’ in the sense that I’m talking about Neymar and Foden, as any other post on here where an individual posts about other individuals!

I’m not generally one for posting the absolute certainties about players that some are on here. All players have their qualities and faults don’t they? I just feel some of the hype around Foden has been at such a high level, that it’s an awful lot to live up to.
I love watching him play, and for him to score is more satisfying than when any other player scores, because you know he is a lifelong blue. So there’s certainly no lack of wanting him to achieve on my part. And I think he’s a fabulous footballer, we are agreed. But like all players, can and should be called out when mistakes are made.
you said you had "gnawing concerns" about him....a player generally regarded as one fo the finest young talents in world football who is also a city fan as much as you and I.

Id be really interested to know what these concerns are.

All players make mistakes...even the very very best.....and at such a young age he is going to make mistakes. He doesnt know when to slow his game down and drives forward too quickly which creates too much space between the attacking players and the midfield and defense so that IF he or we lost the ball there is a turnover and our midfield and defenders arent high enough up the pitch to stop the counter attack developing (something that Pep highlighted the other day) - though looking at this in a different light if he werent being played as a wide attacker and was being played more as midfielder his runs would start deeper and that wouldnt be a problem - so it could be argued that Pep has played a part in creating that problem by playing him so high up the pitch.

However again its not a gnawing concern...so Id be really intersted to know what is....he doesnt create the hype...the media do and they do it to build up players to then destroy them and create stories to sell - Foden cant really control that except through his lifestyle choices...as long as he isnt out clubbing and on the piss then there is little else he can do...he chooses to live the life of David Silva for instance rather than be a party boy and he will be fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.