Neymar

Tevez City said:
Regarding the comparison between him and Robinho, Robinho had a great impact for Madrid and was one of their key players for many years until they signed Ronaldo.

wow thats bullshit. for one , ronaldo went to madrid in 2009 whilst we signed Robinho in 2008. no crossover. had a decent scoring record in madrid, one in 4ish i believe, but was for the mostpart, a massive dissapointment

Moura is a more complete player than Neymar imo. And in ten years time I think Lucas will be remembered as the better one of them two.

Interesting article I read other day and it makes a lot of good points:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21409456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21409456</a>

Can't post text as I'm on phone someone else is more than welcome to.

More quotes

Laporta (ex-president): "Txiki [Begiristain, director City] presented me Neymar's father in London. I told him his son should join Barça."

Laporta (ex-president): "When the time is right, Neymar should follow in the footsteps of Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho..." [catr]

both via @barcastuff
Not sure what the source is, maybe catalan radio? If I find transcript or something of the like will post that as well

Matt the Giant said:
Moura is a more complete player than Neymar imo. And in ten years time I think Lucas will be remembered as the better one of them two.

Yet people in Brazil laughed at Lucas fee that PSG paid whilst Neymar being a superior player in he Brazilian top division deserves to be priced at around £40m

sam-caddick said:
Matt the Giant said:

Yet people in Brazil laughed at Lucas fee that PSG paid whilst Neymar being a superior player in he Brazilian top division deserves to be priced at around £40m

I base my layman prediction on what I have seen that's all. Neymar is no doubt a a good footballer, but needs to move to Europe asap if he wants to be considered a truly great one. And from what I have seen, his trickery, which works well in Brazil, might not be as easy to pull off in La Liga, the PL or Serie A. His physique as well tells me he might be having problems of a kind he still has yet to encounter in the Brazilian league.
Of course he is still very young and will certainly grow stronger and more experienced.

Moura to me looks like a fit version of Hulk physically speaking, has the drive and pace of Tranny and a great engine to support him the full 90 minutes. I just get the feeling his mentality as well is better suited to the better leagues of Europe than that of Neymar.

I've watched four (out of five) of his appearances for PSG since his arrival, and he looks amazing already. I believe he's three assists to his name from those four games. Not too shabby.

cmdub said:
Interesting article I read other day and it makes a lot of good points:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21409456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21409456</a>

Can't post text as I'm on phone someone else is more than welcome to.

Bloody hell, so not only is he physically weak and feeble, but he's also mentally weak!

A sure fire premiership hit! I hope Txiki and Ferran don't think this guy's gonna be our Ronaldinho

If Neymar has the fire in him to become a great then he will have to come to Europe. He doesn't have to come for money like Brazilians did in the past and he certainly doesn't have to come for the love of the fans he has to come to improve himself. Imagine what Messi and Ronaldo could do in the Brazilian leagues it would be laughable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.