NFL 2014

Re: Bluemoon NFL Fantasy Draft Sunday Sept 1st 8pm

Bowers said:
City Raider said:
OK - Div 1 ready to go

3 still left in div 2 with 2 reserves on standby

Just had a really interesting pm exchange with bluealf who has done an auction instead of a traditional draft. It sounds much fairer. I guess our issue would be getting all 10 managers together at the same time (it is online), I doubt we'll all be there on Sunday. Maybe one to consider for future years.

An auction draft can last a lot longer than the standard snake draft but it is good fun. Definitely a thought for another year.

I was worried about that myself when I read that it could take up to 4 hours, I was all wrapped up after an hour.

It was a lot better than the snake draft imo and you stood a lot better chance of getting the players you actually wanted instead of sitting ideally watching as they got picked ahead of you in the draft style system.

Hopefully I can join in here but already in two leagues so not sure if it is possible, if not I will be in next year.

bluealf is in as first reserve in div 2!

by process of elimination the last 2 managers to register are bennyblue and ell-ano - i think!

we won't be allowed to draft if all league places aren't taken so if they're not registered i'll need to reduce div 2 by 2 teams (you can only reduce leagues by 2 at a time as each league needs an even number of teams)

so if only one signs up it could get tricky lol

ok, they've still not registered so i'm going to ask rick to alter div 2 to 8 teams this evening or they'll pull our draft.

if before the draft both logon and want to register, we can always change it back

ok we're going with 8 teams in div 2

the draft order will be generated about half hour before the auction, hope you can all be there and good luck!

City Raider said:
ok we're going with 8 teams in div 2

the draft order will be generated about half hour before the auction, hope you can all be there and good luck!

Just getting prepared for the draft. So is this an auction draft instead of the standard?

ManCitizens. said:
Last pick haha.

Means you get two picks on the trot though, rnd 1 last rnd 2 1st and so on and on

Last Pick in Div 1, tough spot to draft from, plenty of time to think though.

Forgot completely about it -.-

Div 1 draft finished, I was last pick so had to change strategy a bit, like drafting Brees at the start of the 2nd as he wouldn't have made it till the end of Round 3 I don't think. Picked up Gronkowski in the 6th which was a steal! Team incase anyone is interested in Div 2:

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Trent Rchardson
WR - DeSean Jackson
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Rob Gronkowski
W/R - Mike Wallace
K - Garrett Hartley
Def - Ravens

Bench -
QB - Terrell Pryor
RB - Chris Ivory
RB - Mikel LeShoure
WR - Lance Moore
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Antonio Gates

Good Luck Guys and Come on Saints!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.