NFL 2014

Re: Bluemoon NFL Fantasy Draft Sunday Sept 1st 8pm

OK - Div 1 ready to go

3 still left in div 2 with 2 reserves on standby

Just had a really interesting pm exchange with bluealf who has done an auction instead of a traditional draft. It sounds much fairer. I guess our issue would be getting all 10 managers together at the same time (it is online), I doubt we'll all be there on Sunday. Maybe one to consider for future years.

City Raider said:
No response from BM-Mike so his place has gone to a reserve

2 others in div 2 yet to register - reserves will be asked tomorrow

just replied to your pm

Not sure I can do it now
Mrs is 2 days overdue for our 1st child so were on standby at the minute. I will register but may not be able to do the draft

kippaxwarrior said:
Not sure I can do it now
Mrs is 2 days overdue for our 1st child so were on standby at the minute. I will register but may not be able to do the draft

there's been worse excuses! if you get time rank your players and the autodraft will pick best ranked available player for you mate

City Raider said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Not sure I can do it now

there's been worse excuses! if you get time rank your players and the autodraft will pick best ranked available player for you mate

Will do. Will have a look tonight

City Raider said:
OK - Div 1 ready to go

3 still left in div 2 with 2 reserves on standby

Just had a really interesting pm exchange with bluealf who has done an auction instead of a traditional draft. It sounds much fairer. I guess our issue would be getting all 10 managers together at the same time (it is online), I doubt we'll all be there on Sunday. Maybe one to consider for future years.

An auction draft can last a lot longer than the standard snake draft but it is good fun. Definitely a thought for another year.

MCFC1993 said:
alib said:
jut registered and joined

is the draft 8pm Sunday?

how does the draft work as I've only played NFLUK Fantasy before and there is no draft in that?

Yeah.

Right there are 15 rounds I think in which each team will take it in turns to pick a player for their team. So if you are first pick in the first round you will have the choice of anyone, however you will be last pick in the 2nd round, draft position is random but can affect the outcome of you team. For eg. if you're last pick in the first round, chances are you won't get a top 5 pick, so plan for that to happen. Its not like the football fantasy over here where you can choose whoever, if some picks Ray Rice for example then no one else can have Ray Rice.

There team you have to pick consists of:

Quarterback
2x Running Backs
2x Wide Recievers
Tight End
Kicker
Defen(s)e of a team
1 wide reciever/running back (Your choice which one)

Then usually 6 to 8 subs depending on league settings.

Other than that have fun and just plan your team before the draft and try and get as close to that team as possible, mock drafts help.

quick question?

when the season is underway can you sub kickers and defenses eg if that team is on a bye week?

alib said:
MCFC1993 said:
alib said:
jut registered and joined

is the draft 8pm Sunday?

how does the draft work as I've only played NFLUK Fantasy before and there is no draft in that?

Yeah.

Right there are 15 rounds I think in which each team will take it in turns to pick a player for their team. So if you are first pick in the first round you will have the choice of anyone, however you will be last pick in the 2nd round, draft position is random but can affect the outcome of you team. For eg. if you're last pick in the first round, chances are you won't get a top 5 pick, so plan for that to happen. Its not like the football fantasy over here where you can choose whoever, if some picks Ray Rice for example then no one else can have Ray Rice.

There team you have to pick consists of:

Quarterback
2x Running Backs
2x Wide Recievers
Tight End
Kicker
Defen(s)e of a team
1 wide reciever/running back (Your choice which one)

Then usually 6 to 8 subs depending on league settings.

Other than that have fun and just plan your team before the draft and try and get as close to that team as possible, mock drafts help.

quick question?

when the season is underway can you sub kickers and defenses eg if that team is on a bye week?

Yes you can pick them up any time during the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.