NFL 2023-24

I don't object to it being covered by, say, the BBC, but I'm genuinely puzzled. I do not so much as look at the scores. There's an item about someone called “The Patriots” at present. I don't know who they are, I don't know where they're situated (except in America, I have to suppose) and I truly don't care.
On the rare occasions when I've had clips of the sport imposed on me, it strikes me as one of the ugliest sports ever invented by man, to replace his need for warfare.
I'm puzzled that it's now being covered in certain U.K. media because — no word of a lie — I literally do not know one single person — and have never known one single person — who either plays the game at an amateur level or follows the professional version of it. Even American friends of mine over the years didn't appear to have any interest in it. They would occasionally gather for something called the Superbowl, but I get the impression that's a pretext to get together with friends around a screen, have a bit of a knees-up, consume large amounts of American lager and munchies, and maybe get a glimpse of Janet Jackson's tits at half-time (? quarter-time? third-of-a-time?).
Thoughts? Anyone who follows it avidly and wants to defend their sport?

Different strokes for different folks....

You say you know nothing of the sport, people you know have no idea about the sport, even Americans you know don't have a clue.

I love the sport, know people who love the sport, and having been to America a few times, plenty of Americans I know/have met love the sport.

Not sure it needs defending, you obviously don't like it, but many others do, much like everything else in life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.