NFL 2023-24

I’ve not seen the play in question, but basically if he wasn’t touched in the act of catching, or while on the ground and he was still in motion, then he can get up and carry on.
Those you’ve seen blown dead will have been where there was some contact, or the referee decided that motion had ended and blew the whistle to signal the end of the play.

Ah, thanks, maybe the ‘no longer in motion’ thing was the difference.

It’s a very complicated rule book. I’ve been watching it since it very first started on channel 4, what about 40 years ago now? And there’s loads of stuff I still don’t quite get. The ineligible receiver thing for example, is something I’ve given up trying to understand.

Having said that, you still get the commentators and ex pro summarisers regularly referring to the rules expert in the studio for clarification, so I don’t feel that bad about it.

They have a big game at the Ravens next week and they've struggled against mobile QB's like Jackson, so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.
Well we got the answer, the Lions got embarrassed!
They no answer to Jackson on the ground or through the air & couldn't do anything against their defence.
Thats more like the Lions i know and love. Hopefully just a blip.
They need to rebound next Monday, but yesterday will temper expectations and showed that they are way behind the top teams still.

Well we got the answer, the Lions got embarrassed!
They no answer to Jackson on the ground or through the air & couldn't do anything against their defence.

They need to rebound next Monday, but yesterday will temper expectations and showed that they are way behind the top teams still.
You called it perfectly in not being able to cope with Jackson. Thankfully that kind of qb isn’t a weekly thing and hopefully get things back on track against the raiders. Lions now only have one game against teams with a winning record now so plenty of optimism still.

You called it perfectly in not being able to cope with Jackson. Thankfully that kind of qb isn’t a weekly thing and hopefully get things back on track against the raiders. Lions now only have one game against teams with a winning record now so plenty of optimism still.
The Lions are still a good team and yeah the schedule looks easier so they should be alright as long as they can shake that loss off.

The talk last week was getting silly though and especially as they still need more talent and depth if they want to really challenge the top teams.

Kansas aren’t ‘my team’ but they are just so much fun, I find it almost impossible not to root for them.

Mahomes: 321 passing yards for 3 TDs and an INT, all just in the first half.

It’s ridiculous.
Mahomes is just unbelievable

Could someone explain this rule to me?

In the Buffalo game earlier, the receiver caught the pass and hit the deck. But as no one touched him, was free to get up and run in for touchdown.

Yet, I’m sure I’ve seen hundreds of catches where the play is blown dead as soon as the receiver hits the floor, without being touched.
Isn’t it that as he’s untouched he becomes a runner as per your regular RB -as the play hasn’t been blown dead due to contact etc.

I’ve not seen the play in question, but basically if he wasn’t touched in the act of catching, or while on the ground and he was still in motion, then he can get up and carry on.
Those you’ve seen blown dead will have been where there was some contact, or the referee decided that motion had ended and blew the whistle to signal the end of the play.

I'd also add on that unless the receivers knee was 'down' (and I mean it touched the floor) then the play is still Live.

After week seven, it’s getting harder to shake off the idea that the same two teams will be reappearing in the Superbowl.

Redskins have traded DE Montez Sweat to Chicago and possible that Chase Young is going too . I fucking despair. At least I’ll have something to buff the car up with now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.