NFL 2023-24

It would have been a very long field goal and the aggressive 4th down got them where they were.

That said, two TDs in a minute to tie up the game right after HT was such a massive momentum swing, it felt inevitable that it would end up being a Niners day.

Wanted the Lions to win it all, even though they’re in the same division as the Bears & Packers. That said, I’ll be pulling for the 49ers now.

Their QB, Purdy, was a 7th Round Draft Pick. During the tryouts, his QB numbers were excellent, but there is a fairly new, quiet, “QB IQ Test” that he flunked. Teams then thought he didn’t have the head for it.

As he settled in at SF, in one of his interviews he was asked about the QB IQ Test. “I’m not a very good test taker!” was his reply. Haha!

Just like that, he’s in the Super Bowl as the lowest pick QB in the playoffs this year!
Yeah i'm in no way critical of Campbell as those kind of plays are what has changed so much about Detroit.

Purdy was the very last pick in the 22 draft which is just remarkable when you see how good hes been. I'll absolutely be rooting for the 49ers in the superbowl now, something about the chiefs i just can't take to.

Yeah i'm in no way critical of Campbell as those kind of plays are what has changed so much about Detroit.

Purdy was the very last pick in the 22 draft which is just remarkable when you see how good hes been. I'll absolutely be rooting for the 49ers in the superbowl now, something about the chiefs i just can't take to.
I’m with you I just cannot like the chiefs for some reason and even more now that the camera swings to TaylorSwift every couple of minutes. Ravens only had themselves to blame as their defense kept them in it in the second half

You’re in Clive, if you’re there long enough try to get to ‘Eatery A’ on Ingersoll. The chilaquiles is the best I ever had
Only here for a couple of nights, but thanks for the info. I'm off to Kue'd smokehouse tonight, then back across the pond in the morning. Hopefully be back again over the next year and will try Eatery A then.

Four of the last five Super Bowls for Kansas City and but for a Bengal recovery and a missed catch in overtime, they’d probably have been in 5 out of 5. Some even consider this a weak incarnation of a Chiefs side, so if they win the Super Bowl again and strengthen, who in the AFC can stop them?
The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets , that's who!

Well a man can dream, never thought I'd see City win the league in my lifetime, miracles could happen

The only beef I had with Campbell is running down at the goal line. You cannot run it there. I also thought he could have kicked the field goal much earlier. They got a chunk with a pass over the middle at about the 15 yard line. There was over a minute left and he had all three time outs left. They could have kicked it deep.

Now theres no guarantee they would have gotten the ball back. If Detroit stopped them three and out they would have had about 50 seconds left to go maybe 70 yards..

The big goof was running…you gotta pass there to keep all three time outs

The only beef I had with Campbell is running down at the goal line. You cannot run it there. I also thought he could have kicked the field goal much earlier. They got a chunk with a pass over the middle at about the 15 yard line. There was over a minute left and he had all three time outs left. They could have kicked it deep.

Now theres no guarantee they would have gotten the ball back. If Detroit stopped them three and out they would have had about 50 seconds left to go maybe 70 yards..

The big goof was running…you gotta pass there to keep all three time outs

Gotta feel for Detroit last night…they had it in their hands & as probably most elderly City fans can empathise slipped away.

I do think there was some inexperience from Campbell as he probably should have taken into account the whole situation in going for the 4th down attempts in comparison to executing these plays in regular season games. That is the possible momentum shifts if you don’t convert away from home in a high pressure play off game. Unfortunately this is exactly what happened & what the Niners needed. Alternatively, you kick the FGs, quieten the crowd, rack up more points, make the Niners go up the field to score their points, chew up clock & make them find their own momentum spark.

However, you just knew it wasn’t going to be the Lions’ day when the Niners extremely fortunately completed a huge play right off a defender’s helmet way back at the 5 yard line!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.