NFL 2023-24

fell asleep watching it, but great game and ending.

Hopefully next year the Giants can do something ha.

One thing that I felt took the eye off the ball for fans of the game this weekend and spoilt the Superbowl was the constant media posts about Taylor Swift (NFL UK, even the cameras constantly going over to see what she was doing)

Anyone interested in investing some time, have a look at the UK's American football league. It's great fun and can't wait for that to return!

I don't think it was a distraction, more a specific marketing venture between the NFL, Swift Industries and the Chiefs. This year she was was probably a more integral part of their marketing than Usher and his mates for the halftime show.

In the old days everything was nice and clear, "my name's Bob Celebrity and you should buy this shit I'm being paid to flog, thank you for watching this ad"

In the modern world of influencers and social media behemoths selling is much more insidious and is dressed up in claims of 'authenticity' something that has always struck me as total bollocks. FOC rant over.

Last edited:
I don't think it was a distraction, more a specific marketing venture between the NFL, Swift Industries and the Chiefs. This year she was was probably a more integral part of their marketing than Usher and his mates for the halftime show.

In the old days everything was nice and clear, "my names Bob Celebrity and you should buy this shit I'm being paid to flog, thank you for watching this ad"

In the modern world of influencers and social media behemoths selling is much more insidious and is dressed up in claims of 'authenticity' something that has always struck me as total bollocks. FOC rant over.

good shout with that.

I noticed from the UK there was around 20 to 30 'influencers' paid by the NFL to head over

It’s pretty funny isn’t it
i think its funny when they say indignantly its too complicated i dont get it like they're trying to grasp particle physics, one team has 4 goes to the get the ball ten yards and if they do , they get another 5 goals all the way to the end zone and if they get it in their they score and the other team has to try and stop them, not complicated is it

Last edited:
i think its funny when they say indignantly its too complicated i dont get it like they're trying to grasp particle physics, one team has 5 goes to the get the ball ten yards and if they do , they get another 5 goals all the way to the end zone and if they get it in their they score and the other team has to try and stop them, not complicated is it
Except they have 4 goes to move it 10 yards.

I like American football nearly as much as people who like to tell everyone they don't. They're like sports vegans. Weirdos.
I'm not much of a fan which is an odd thing over here but it really comes down to time spent vs. other things I'd like to do. City is enough for me, and has crowded out most of the rest of my devotional sport time. When I can spare a bit I watch other things (Giants baseball especially; sometimes Sharks hockey, or the golf majors) but NFL is well down the list.

Sport, much like music and TV/Film is all very subjective and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
American football isn’t for me but I’m not going to tell other people who enjoy it that it’s shit.

I’m made up for Taylor Swift winning her first Super Bowl though, much deserved. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.