NFL Football

Absolute gut-wrencher.

Disgraceful non-call on the pass interference which would have sealed the game. Just don't get how you can miss a call that big and that obvious.

That'll be talked about for years to come. About time Pass Interference becomes a challengeable call.

This years Superbowl is completely tainted now (NFL probably hoping for an AFC winner).

I've always said that you can't do much about awful calls. As a professional athlete/coach, you just have to suck it up and deal. But . . . when bad calls come at the beginning or middle of a game/match, there's time to do something about them by playing harder, or faster, and working to get it back when you hit a patch of bad luck. Witness Sterling's clear pen yesterday.

When a bad call comes at the END of the game, though, it's magnified x 10 because there is not time to get it back.

I've watched all kinds of professional sports for nearly 50 years in the USA. Though I rarely watch the NFL, I am hard-pressed to remember a single call in any sport that was as colossally, un-debate-ably rancid as that one (though I'm sure a YouTube clip will be put up to remind me of others).

That official should be summarily dismissed from his job, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he would agree with his own sacking. In fact, he should resign immediately of his own accord.

So sad for New Orleans.

I've always said that you can't do much about awful calls. As a professional athlete/coach, you just have to suck it up and deal. But . . . when bad calls come at the beginning or middle of a game/match, there's time to do something about them by playing harder, or faster, and working to get it back when you hit a patch of bad luck. Witness Sterling's clear pen yesterday.

When a bad call comes at the END of the game, though, it's magnified x 10 because there is not time to get it back.

I've watched all kinds of professional sports for nearly 50 years in the USA. Though I rarely watch the NFL, I am hard-pressed to remember a single call in any sport that was as colossally, un-debate-ably rancid as that one (though I'm sure a YouTube clip will be put up to remind me of others).

That official should be summarily dismissed from his job, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he would agree with his own sacking. In fact, he should resign immediately of his own accord.

So sad for New Orleans.

Agree with everything you've said. It was game over, Lutz wouldn't miss a field goal with the ball on the 5 yard line and we could have took the clock to zero.

Even Robey-Coleman said he couldn't believe it, said he must have got blessed from the heavens. I think one of his quotes was 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'

I know rival fans will say we still had our chances but that's easy to say in hindsight.

We had Minneapolis last year and that was a sickener but that was a player error and you can take that, it will take a while to get over this one. It wasn't even close, you could tell at normal speed you could tell Lewis had been cleaned out.

Hard to look and the Superbowl and not feel like the Rams don't deserve to be there.

Just seen the incident and i dont see how he is ever in a position to take the pass and im wondering if that was why the officials went with no flag?

Just seen the incident and i dont see how he is ever in a position to take the pass and im wondering if that was why the officials went with no flag?
Officiating office have already admitted they blew the call, they rang Payton after the game and immediately apologised. Those refs won't take charge of an NFL game ever again.

Lewis is definitely in position to make a play on it. Robey-Coleman hits Lewis hard with the ball still a good 5 yards away, no matter what that has to get called. There's also and argument for Helmet-to-Helmet so they could have called it for 2 separate penalties.

- Robey Coleman quoted as saying 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'
- Toddy Gurley posting photoshopped pictures of him and a ref swapping jerseys.

They know they got away with probably the worst call/no call in NFL history.

Last edited:
Officiating office have already admitted they blew the call, they rang Payton after the game and immediately apologised. Those refs won't take charge of an NFL game ever again.

Lewis is definitely in position to make a play on it. Robey-Coleman hits Lewis hard with the ball still a good 5 yards away, no matter what that has to get called. It's also Helmet-to-Helmet so they could have called it for 2 separate penalties.

- Robey Coleman quoted as saying 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'
- Toddy Gurley posting photoshopped pictures of him and a ref swapping jerseys.

They know they got away with probably the worst call in NFL history.

Apparently the officials tried to backfill it on the field by claiming the ball might have been tipped, which might have been feasible had any Ram defender had 12-foot long arms.

Personally, I think the official just froze up in the moment and couldn't pull the trigger on what he knew was a huge call. In that split-second of hesitation, the Saints bench was going apeshit, then it would have looked like he was reacting to them or the crowd, which froze him up more.

Apparently the officials tried to backfill it on the field by claiming the ball might have been tipped, which might have been feasible had any Ram defender had 12-foot long arms.

That's what is so bad about the call/no call, the incident isn't even being debated (arguing it was the right decision). Everybody can't believe it wasn't called, Rams players, fans of all teams, players and ex-players and even the biggest names in other sports.

Feels like the only people that missed it were those officials.

No mate, that was as clear as day pass interference, I launched about ten feet in the air the second it happened

Agree with everything you've said. It was game over, Lutz wouldn't miss a field goal with the ball on the 5 yard line and we could have took the clock to zero.

Even Robey-Coleman said he couldn't believe it, said he must have got blessed from the heavens. I think one of his quotes was 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'

I know rival fans will say we still had our chances but that's easy to say in hindsight.

We had Minneapolis last year and that was a sickener but that was a player error and you can take that, it will take a while to get over this one. It wasn't even close, you could tell at normal speed you could tell Lewis had been cleaned out.

Hard to look and the Superbowl and not feel like the Rams don't deserve to be there.
The thing is, as the Fox commentary team said at the time, Robey-Coleman could have had a good chance for the pick if he had actually attacked the ball rather than man. To do the latter and then get away with it, was astounding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.