NFL Football

I'm sure Brett Favre watched that non-call with a big smile on his face.

As well he should have.

Officiating office have already admitted they blew the call, they rang Payton after the game and immediately apologised. Those refs won't take charge of an NFL game ever again.

Lewis is definitely in position to make a play on it. Robey-Coleman hits Lewis hard with the ball still a good 5 yards away, no matter what that has to get called. There's also and argument for Helmet-to-Helmet so they could have called it for 2 separate penalties.

- Robey Coleman quoted as saying 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'
- Toddy Gurley posting photoshopped pictures of him and a ref swapping jerseys.

They know they got away with probably the worst call/no call in NFL history.
Am I missing something? (I was dipping in and out of the game, as was working so missed the incident) but I thought on every decision the ref(s) go to the TV screen and watch 23 replays from 23 different angles. Did they do that and still get it wrong?

Am I missing something? (I was dipping in and out of the game, as was working so missed the incident) but I thought on every decision the ref(s) go to the TV screen and watch 23 replays from 23 different angles. Did they do that and still get it wrong?

Not on pass interference, they go off the call on the field and all 7 of the officials bottled it, granted 2 or 3 of them on the other side wouldn't have had a good view. Ultimately none of them wanted to make that decision and in doing so made probably the worst call/none call in NFL history.

Agree with everything you've said. It was game over, Lutz wouldn't miss a field goal with the ball on the 5 yard line and we could have took the clock to zero.

Even Robey-Coleman said he couldn't believe it, said he must have got blessed from the heavens. I think one of his quotes was 'I just tried to foul him. Anything to break up the TD.'

I know rival fans will say we still had our chances but that's easy to say in hindsight.

We had Minneapolis last year and that was a sickener but that was a player error and you can take that, it will take a while to get over this one. It wasn't even close, you could tell at normal speed you could tell Lewis had been cleaned out.

Hard to look and the Superbowl and not feel like the Rams don't deserve to be there.

Coleman should have tried playing the ball the daft twat.. he would have intercepted it!

Interesting that the ref's office fronts up and admits error. Compare silence from our ref's body, never admit anything. See Citywatch today re club's reported dossier on Raz no pens.

Do NFL refs operate as a team?
Presumably some of the ref team last night wouldn't be involved in the non-call - is that right?

They work as a team during the season, but in the playoffs they pick the best from all the crews around the country and put them in teams together.

As a relative newcomer to the sport (I've been watching for a few years, but gotten much more serious about it in the past 2 seasons) it was disappointing to see both games end the way they did.

For the Saints game to be decided by a non call, to the point where even Todd Gurley can admit it and joke about it on social media, and then for the other to be decided by a coin toss was such a let down. I think the KC/NE game was worse because everyone knew before the coin toss that whoever won was going to score and the game would be over, and then we just had to watch the inevitable play out.

It's the equivalent of a penalty shootout where the first team to score wins.

They work as a team during the season, but in the playoffs they pick the best from all the crews around the country and put them in teams together.

Thanks.

Would that mean that, other than by association of having been in That Ref Team, the refs on the far end/side wouldn't be tarred by the error?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.