NFL Football

As a relative newcomer to the sport (I've been watching for a few years, but gotten much more serious about it in the past 2 seasons) it was disappointing to see both games end the way they did.

For the Saints game to be decided by a non call, to the point where even Todd Gurley can admit it and joke about it on social media, and then for the other to be decided by a coin toss was such a let down. I think the KC/NE game was worse because everyone knew before the coin toss that whoever won was going to score and the game would be over, and then we just had to watch the inevitable play out.

It's the equivalent of a penalty shootout where the first team to score wins.
You should check out the college football overtime system if you haven't already. I'd love the NFL to adopt it...it's wild, and I find it to be fairer. As a side note, as a newcomer have you found yourself gravitating towards any particular team? Always curious in that regard.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...l-overtime-rule-system-ncaa-how-works-history

You should check out the college football overtime system if you haven't already. I'd love the NFL to adopt it...it's wild, and I find it to be fairer. As a side note, as a newcomer have you found yourself gravitating towards any particular team? Always curious in that regard.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...l-overtime-rule-system-ncaa-how-works-history

That overtime system seems better, although the potential for it going on for an hour seems like something the NFL's TV partners wouldn't be on board with.

I can't find any real loyalty to a particular side. I tend to enjoy teams who'll throw it about a bit more than sensible run oriented teams, although I have an increasingly long list of teams I dislike so maybe I'll eventually narrow it down to 1.

Sssssh, those instances will be damning to their fans proposed class action lawsuit against the league.

As well as their proposed 'Plan B':
“Would love it if Gayle Benson commisoned a Super Bowl Trophy for them called it the Tom Benson trophy and gave them all rings and they did have a parade to celebrate just to spite the NFL. Maybe the nation will get behind us as the people’s champions and we’ll keep it going into next season and just tarnish the league and defending SB champs whoever they are (it really doesn’t matter who they are).”

And folk think scousers are deluded.

That overtime system seems better, although the potential for it going on for an hour seems like something the NFL's TV partners wouldn't be on board with.

I can't find any real loyalty to a particular side. I tend to enjoy teams who'll throw it about a bit more than sensible run oriented teams, although I have an increasingly long list of teams I dislike so maybe I'll eventually narrow it down to 1.
It doesn't last as long as you'd think given that you're forced to go for two after the third, but maybe switching to that system for the playoffs only would be the way to go. 50 million people watched the games this weekend, it could've went on for eight hours and the networks would've been ok with it.

As for teams, I would strongly advise following anyone but my beloved Jets. 30 years of heartache right there.

I've been a follower of the skins since 1982 as it was my first Superbowl and i picked them as my team.

Fuck me its been slim pickings since lol.

It doesn't last as long as you'd think given that you're forced to go for two after the third, but maybe switching to that system for the playoffs only would be the way to go. 50 million people watched the games this weekend, it could've went on for eight hours and the networks would've been ok with it.

As for teams, I would strongly advise following anyone but my beloved Jets. 30 years of heartache right there.

Honestly the Jets are absolutely never on Sky. I can't think of a single time I've even seen a jets game for me to form an opinion on them.

Not directed to me, as a newcomer a few years ago, I gravitated towards the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers evidently attracts the casual viewer, the history of the team, the atmosphere and architecture of Lambeau - I couldn't resist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.