NFL Playoffs

pudge said:
Weaver99 said:
pudge said:
Except for us, when we picked him off 3 times in 1 quarter.

Watched every minute of Broncos football this season, and the Peyton Manning you see now is about 1000x better than the Peyton Manning in only his second game back after 4 neck operations.

In the end of that game, we were only one stop away from having a chance to win the game, only 6 points back as it was.

The transformation of us since that first half in San Diego has been incredible, on both sides of the ball.
I know it was only 2 games in but you don't forget how to play football over night.

Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. Obviously there was a transitional period but that game give our team a lot of confidence and positives.

How many times was he picked off 3 times all game let alone one quarter, during that transitional period.

Denver were a play off team before Peyton so that win was pretty big for us at the time to be fair

-- Jan 7th, '13, 15:08 --

aussie blake said:
pudge said:
Yeah, he showed a lot of determination to get the W and in the end that's all that matters.

I'm confident the Falcons can and will beat Seattle, I know they're a good team, but I didn't see anything in the game that worried me too much, especially with Clemson likely to be out.

More of what might have been imo if RG3 wasn't rushed back as he was in the regular season, it might have been a closer game
Fair play to you if you're confident about the Falcons but I'm sure as hell not. Seattle has pretty much been the best team in the league over the last couple of months, and the Falcons along with certain other Atlanta sports teams have a habit of playing well below their best come playoff time. Hope you're right though!
Seattle are good but with it being at the dome I think that makes a huge difference.

Moore will be back and hopefully Abe will be fit and our receivers probably match up the best against Sherman and co.

The only real worry I have is Lynch, if we can contain him for the most part and put the game on Wilson I think we'll win.

Can't wait for Matt to tell them to get off his field

matt-ryan-get-the-fuck-off-my-field-GIF.gif

Of course you don't forget how to play football overnight, but the fact is he was still trying to find out what his body could and couldn't do, and he had very little chemistry yet with the receivers.

I agree it was a big win for you, but I wouldn't take that sample of Peyton as the one that could be in the Super Bowl.

I am very excited for Saturday, but very nervous. Gonna be 4 cracking games!

Weaver99 said:
pudge said:
Weaver99 said:
Watched every minute of Broncos football this season, and the Peyton Manning you see now is about 1000x better than the Peyton Manning in only his second game back after 4 neck operations.

In the end of that game, we were only one stop away from having a chance to win the game, only 6 points back as it was.

The transformation of us since that first half in San Diego has been incredible, on both sides of the ball.
I know it was only 2 games in but you don't forget how to play football over night.

Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. Obviously there was a transitional period but that game give our team a lot of confidence and positives.

How many times was he picked off 3 times all game let alone one quarter, during that transitional period.

Denver were a play off team before Peyton so that win was pretty big for us at the time to be fair

-- Jan 7th, '13, 15:08 --

aussie blake said:
Fair play to you if you're confident about the Falcons but I'm sure as hell not. Seattle has pretty much been the best team in the league over the last couple of months, and the Falcons along with certain other Atlanta sports teams have a habit of playing well below their best come playoff time. Hope you're right though!
Seattle are good but with it being at the dome I think that makes a huge difference.

Moore will be back and hopefully Abe will be fit and our receivers probably match up the best against Sherman and co.

The only real worry I have is Lynch, if we can contain him for the most part and put the game on Wilson I think we'll win.

Can't wait for Matt to tell them to get off his field

matt-ryan-get-the-fuck-off-my-field-GIF.gif

Of course you don't forget how to play football overnight, but the fact is he was still trying to find out what his body could and couldn't do, and he had very little chemistry yet with the receivers.

I agree it was a big win for you, but I wouldn't take that sample of Peyton as the one that could be in the Super Bowl.

I am very excited for Saturday, but very nervous. Gonna be 4 cracking games!
I'm not saying Peyton's gonna revert in the play offs, just that the Falcons can and have beaten good teams.

We're the number one seed after going 13-3, beating the likes of Peyton, Eli and Brees. Whilst not allowing a passing TD against Eli, Brees and Stafford. As well as shutting out the Giants.

Yet were the underdogs in many people's eyes against Seattle, it gets frustrating lol

I think Denver will be in the super bowl, again, HFA is a big advantage.

Arguably the 8 best teams in the league are left, gonna be a cracking divisional round for sure

Watching the wild card games it reminded me how much being at home counts for (ok Redskins blew it but at the start that place was on fire).

Broncos beat the Ravens quite easily in Baltimore the other week. Can't see them losing at Mile High. That place will be loud and Manning will be in his element. Way different from playing the Colts & Andrew Luck yesterday.

Yes Houston & New England did beat Denver earlier in the season but going to Denver a few months later in an AFC Champ game is going to be very different.

Denver to win the AFC for me.

Awesome games last night and some brilliant games to look forward to this week. Russell Wilson is my new man crush!

I see Denver, Seattle, Patriots going through with Green Bay vs San Fran being a coin toss. There's something about Rogers in the Playoffs even if San Fran might have a better overall team.

I know Pudge won't like it but I am all over the Seahawks bandwagon.

Don't worry jay, we've been underdogs in every game this season.

So I've prepared myself for the media wank fest for the winner of last night's game

Already on NFL Network they've said we have 'zero chance' against Seattle.

pudge said:

So I've prepared myself for the media wank fest for the winner of last night's game

Let me guess...Heath Evans?

Weaver99 said:
pudge said:

God he hates the Falcons lol

He's not even subtle

It was Akbar Gbajabiamila on NFL AM, "zero chance" was me paraphrasing;

"They (Seattle defense) are going to make the Atlanta Falcons' offense very one dimensional. When they're one dimensional they can't do much....how does Browner and Sherman do against Roddy White and Julio Jones? AND THOSE GUYS (Sherman and Browner) THEY'RE GOING TO CLOBBER; THEY'RE GOING TO SUFFOCATE THEM; THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OFF THE PRESSES; THEY'RE GOING TO GET PHYSICAL WITH THOSE...IT'S GOING TO BE A MONUMENTAL FAILURE ONCE AGAIN FOR THE ATLANTA FALCONS. THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS."

"I want the viewers and Atlanta fans to just bury it and go ahead and give it to the Seahawks...you can't stop this team. "

pudge said:
Weaver99 said:
pudge said:

He's not even subtle

"They (Seattle defense) are going to make the Atlanta Falcons' offense very one dimensional. When they're one dimensional they can't do much....how does Browner and Sherman do against Roddy White and Julio Jones? AND THOSE GUYS (Sherman and Browner) THEY'RE GOING TO CLOBBER; THEY'RE GOING TO SUFFOCATE THEM; THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OFF THE PRESSES; THEY'RE GOING TO GET PHYSICAL WITH THOSE...IT'S GOING TO BE A MONUMENTAL FAILURE ONCE AGAIN FOR THE ATLANTA FALCONS. THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS."

"I want the viewers and Atlanta fans to just bury it and go ahead and give it to the Seahawks...you can't stop this team. "

Oh dear. Heath Evans picked the Seahawks to go all the way, nothing to do with him being an ex Hawk though.

pudge said:
Weaver99 said:
pudge said:

He's not even subtle

where u from btw your knowledge of the nfl is really good. Yesterday i heard some moron saying Atlanta might be able to stop Lynch but when he eats his skittles and goes into beast mode they will have no chance (Cringe).

Weaver99 said:
pudge said:
Weaver99 said:

He's not even subtle

Oh dear. Heath Evans picked the Seahawks to go all the way, nothing to do with him being an ex Hawk though.
And the fact he and Sharper are former Saints people has nothing to do with them both knocking us every chance all season.

Seriously, have you not heard Evans talk about us this season?<br /><br />-- Jan 7th, '13, 17:32 --<br /><br />
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Weaver99 said:

He's not even subtle

where u from btw your knowledge of the nfl is really good. Yesterday i heard some moron saying Atlanta might be able to stop Lynch but when he eats his skittles and goes into beast mode they will have no chance (Cringe).
I'm from ireland.

Lynch is who I'm worried about the most if I'm honest. None of Seattles's receivers had over 50 yards nor did Wilson have 200 yards passing against the 30th ranked pass defense.

If we can contain Lynch, I doubt we can shut him down entirely, and put the game on Wilson in the dome then I think we'll win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.