NFL season 2013/2014

Blueband Brother said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Will try and get into NFL this season. Enjoyed the super bowl even though I had no idea what was going half the time and the rules seem more complicated than what you would find in a physics university degree. Will probably support Oakland Raiders as they got that city fan in the draft.

What do NFL fans think about losing one home game a season to play in England?

Oakland Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league in terms of quality of players, but that is the beauty of the NFL. Because of the fair play, salary cap, college drafting system, no team is eternally condemned to the bottom of the barrel. There is always opportunity to recycle and become stronger.

The Oakland Raiders have a fantastic following and a passionate fan base, so its a good team to support I guess.

Concerning the England games, I think it is generally accepted now as a norm and only 2 teams per season are affected.
They only have like 9 home games a season though don't they? I would be pretty pissed if I was a Jacksonville jaguars fan knowing I would lose a home game for the next 4 years.

MCFC1993 said:
Sean Paytons back, so this will be a big year for us. Lets be honest our D can't get much worse, so lets hope Rob Ryan manages to seal a few holes up. We need to put the Falcons back in their place and that process will begin in week 1.

In all honesty week 1 will be a sling out for the Saints against the Falcons, that means mega points for Drew Brees in my fantasy hopefully.

I'm not making a call on the Champions yet, although I picked the Ravens (Rather luckily) after week 1 last year.

I like the look of the Seahawks, 49ers, Lions, Texans, Broncos, Patriots and us of course, so no real shocks yet.
Where's that, the playoffs?

Sure even if the Saints don't do well again you can always blame it on Goodell

If our offence plays clean, no penalties etc, then there's not much Rob Ryan or any co-ordinator can do to stop it. Ryan, Jones, White, Gonzalez if you stack the box, and now Steven Jackson if you drop to cover two. Steven Jackson can even offer the dual threat in both situations, something Turner couldn't do.

Along with defence having a year of experience with Nolan along with the addition of Osi, I'm more excited than nervous to see our defence. The one that ended that streak of his.

I know your a Saints fan, but the leave the Falcons off of that list of yours lol

Also, now that read option QBs can be taking out like running backs, officially, it's gonna be a fun season

greasedupdeafguy said:
Blueband Brother said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Will try and get into NFL this season. Enjoyed the super bowl even though I had no idea what was going half the time and the rules seem more complicated than what you would find in a physics university degree. Will probably support Oakland Raiders as they got that city fan in the draft.

Oakland Raiders are one of the worst teams in the league in terms of quality of players, but that is the beauty of the NFL. Because of the fair play, salary cap, college drafting system, no team is eternally condemned to the bottom of the barrel. There is always opportunity to recycle and become stronger.

The Oakland Raiders have a fantastic following and a passionate fan base, so its a good team to support I guess.

Concerning the England games, I think it is generally accepted now as a norm and only 2 teams per season are affected.
They only have like 9 home games a season though don't they? I would be pretty pissed if I was a Jacksonville jaguars fan knowing I would lose a home game for the next 4 years.

Yeah, but I don't think there is real much angst over it. Its just accepted at the norm. The schedule is pretty short anyways, so whether it is 8 or 9 or 10 home games does not really make much difference. I understand what you mean with teams like the Jaguars but that's just the business of the NFL.

As for the rules, the more you watch, the more you grasp (and compared to baseball) it is rather easy to understand. The broncos ravens game is about to start, enjoy the game.

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
Sean Paytons back, so this will be a big year for us. Lets be honest our D can't get much worse, so lets hope Rob Ryan manages to seal a few holes up. We need to put the Falcons back in their place and that process will begin in week 1.

In all honesty week 1 will be a sling out for the Saints against the Falcons, that means mega points for Drew Brees in my fantasy hopefully.

I'm not making a call on the Champions yet, although I picked the Ravens (Rather luckily) after week 1 last year.

I like the look of the Seahawks, 49ers, Lions, Texans, Broncos, Patriots and us of course, so no real shocks yet.

And now that read option QBs can be taking out like running backs, officially, it's gonna be a fun season

Haha I baited that post for you. Tbh most of the divisions are clear cut but the battle between the Saints and Falcons is going to be interesting. You lot need to replicate last year and we need to strengthen in D but Payton being back is massive for us.

-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am --

In regards to this Ravens vs Broncos match, its going to be a top season opener. Broncos D not as strong tonight and Ravens D is arguable better than it was last year. Broncos should win this though, too strong on the pass.

Really looking forward to seeing Montee Ball. He was a beast at Wisconsin.

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:

And now that read option QBs can be taking out like running backs, officially, it's gonna be a fun season

Haha I baited that post for you. Tbh most of the divisions are clear cut but the battle between the Saints and Falcons is going to be interesting. You lot need to replicate last year and we need to strengthen in D but Payton being back is massive for us.
Only worry for me is our O-Line. People question whether Ryan make his receivers better but there's no question he does so to the offensive line but this year it's gotten even worse.

A human turnstile at RT doesn't bode well for what's already an Achilles heel.

Home Opener
Payton's Home Coming
Division Rival
Division Rival in your house.

A lot stacked in your favour, fair enough to say you're favourites, if we were to go in and leave with a win I could see that setting the tone for the season.

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:

Only worry for me is our O-Line. People question whether Ryan make his receivers better but there's no question he does so to the offensive line but this year it's gotten even worse.

Tbh don't know much on the Falcons O-Line, hard to look at it when your receivers just jump off the page.
I fear Ryan, Jones and White are going to cause too much damage to our secondary this weekend. I'm guessing it'll be a shootout with us both scoring a daft amount of points.

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:

Tbh don't know much on the Falcons O-Line, hard to look at it when your receivers just jump off the page.
I fear Ryan, Jones and White are going to cause too much damage to our secondary this weekend. I'm guessing it'll be a shootout with us both scoring a daft amount of points.
Your offence has nowhere to go but down and your defence has nowhere to go but up, it will be an interesting division for sure.

A stacked as our offence is on paper, a new co-ordinator on defence and a home opener with Payton's first game back, I'm not really expecting a win to be fair lol

Ravens are going to take this if the first few plays are anything to go by. Flacco has all day to pick a pass.

greasedupdeafguy said:

I find the rules to be really simple.

4 downs (attempts/chances) to take the ball minimum of 10 yards. So you start with 1st and 10 (1st attempt and 10 yards to make) if you run the ball 6 yards it becomes 2nd and 4 (2nd attempt and 4 yards to go to make the minimum 10 yards). Make the 4 yards or more and you get another set of 4 downs.

Really simple.

Now, I prefer college football and with ESPN UK free this year I've watched a few. Much faster between play stoppages and more different type of plays. In the NFL it's mainly just the QB throwing the ball.

I also hate what they do to the linemen, in college football they are awesome athletes but in the NFL they make them put on even more weight and they become huge, lard arses who need oxygen if they run more than 10 yards.

Good first half. Things were looking good for the Ravens until Jacoby got bizarrely injured and it seems to have affected the Baltimore offense. Thomas is really stepping up for the broncos with his clever rout running and power.

Wes Welker should stay clear from those punt returns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.