Nice little video of a great day

oakiecokie said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K53v9fZpczs[/video]

You know what I still had a fucking big daft grin all over me gob,watching those Sunderland fans doing the Poznan,after the Rags game.Quality.

Thats me with sunglasses on head we were losing then and Craig Harrison Paul Rawlinson and Stewart Stafford all from Glossop that was on Tv my kids still mention it now when dad was on telly sulking

marcus said:
Just watched another vid of that day, can't believe the pitch invasion and the fact that our fans flooded, in equal measures, from all sides of the ground. Being in the city end I wished I'd took a sec to have a look around when we scored to appreciate how many blues were in the ground that day.

Estimates anyone?

I was in a jack Walker stand and would estimate at least 2000 in there. Maybe 1000 in the stand opposite but only a few in the one behind the goal, unless they sat on their hands. The few that did celebrate had a bit of bother in that stand.

Maybe 10,000 in the ground and a couple of thousand outside?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
marcus said:
Just watched another vid of that day, can't believe the pitch invasion and the fact that our fans flooded, in equal measures, from all sides of the ground. Being in the city end I wished I'd took a sec to have a look around when we scored to appreciate how many blues were in the ground that day.

Estimates anyone?

I was in a jack Walker stand and would estimate at least 2000 in there. Maybe 1000 in the stand opposite but only a few in the one behind the goal, unless they sat on their hands. The few that did celebrate had a bit of bother in that stand.

My dad and uncle were in the stand opposite the jack walker and I recall them saying it was mostly city. I reckon more than 10k inside the ground

I'll always remember how well the Blackburn fans reacted to the City fans. Couldn't have been easy seeing their ground swamped that day. Always quiet liked them after that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
marcus said:

Estimates anyone?

There was quite a few of us in their end behind the goal but we had to keep quiet. One it is their staunch end and two none of us wanted to be turfed out and miss the game especially after paying a fortune to get in. I was sussed out early doors but told i would be ok so long as i didn't celebrate if we scored. It was tough but worth it to be there and celebrate at the end.Just prior to the final whistle a load of Blues invaded the pitch from that end knocking over a big fat Blackburn fan with a drum in the process which was funny. I was more annoyed the ref would call the bloody match off and we would have to go through it all over again after winning it once! I never understand fans who do that shit, wait until the final whistle!

The Blackburn fans shook my hand at the end and i told them they would be celebrating their promotion next season and they did,mystic Chapo lol!

yeseye said:
One of my best away days this even though I didn't have a ticket!
There was a boozer near Ewood we were packed into watching on TV and when City scored the pub erupted ,but in the mayhem some fucker nicked the Tele! So we marched down to the ground and smashed our way in through the big gates with half a tree we found on the way!
What a great day.

Same with me mate. You was probably in the Fernhurst. It was manic in there, I think after we scored the1st someone smashed the TV when celebrating and I remember the radiators coming off the wall flooding the back room. Great day out I still managed to get in at the end to go and join the pitch invasion. Another city wave of emotion from despair to elation. We went back to Albert Square which was packed and then headed off to the Squares bar on Peter Street where there was a City do organised.

That was a long day for me. Flew home from Florida overnight, landing at 9-30 am that morning. Got a phone call from my best mate at 1015 saying he'd pick me up at half past, just about made it home. Straight to Blackburn with 5 of us in a car, stopped at the first off licence we saw near the flyover in Blackburn and sat drinking six cans at the pub (forgot it's name, near the flyover) which was initially closed. Landlord opened the doors and more beer was drunk.
Must have seen hundreds of blues buying tickets off Blackburn fans, offering then all sorts of stuff...!
The rest is history, I was bolloxed having had no sleep for 36 hours or more, got home eventually to watch MOTD about 10 times and woke up at 4am on the couch. Great day.........!

xgorton said:
frothy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Got the wrong surname but thats who I meant,
Top ref was Jack Taylor from Wolverhampton,butcher by trade sadly passed away in 2012.He was the referee at the 76 League cup final (Tueart over head kick),yes I was there that day.
after crying my eyes out in 74 my late granddad said don't worry son we will be back next year he was a year out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.