Nick Griffin on Question Time..

ono said:
M18CTID said:
To be honest, I can't take much of what BB2 says seriously and some of the things he's said on this thread are out of order and plain wrong IMO, especially the bit about multiculturalism having completely failed in this country.

However, the rest of your post is bang on the money for me and interestingly no-one has responded to it so far. If the estimates are correct, I can't honestly see how we can cope with an extra 9 million people flooding into this country over the next 10-15 years. The country is struggling like mad now so Christ knows what it will be like if those estimates prove anything like close to being correct. Are millions of jobs and houses going to magic themselves out of thin air to cater for all these extra people? Somehow I don't think so.

Immigration is good for any country, and anybody who says otherwise is being very narrow-minded but it's only good for a country if, at some point, a restriction is put on the numbers coming in. Surely we can all see that?
Yeah but that projection can be questioned given that there was a net immigration of just over 100,000 last year. Given we are in recession, and as of yet there isn't really light at the end of the tunnel, it's hard to see how a net immigration of just over 100,000 per year will equal 9m over 10-15 years? Is it not fair to say that this projection does nothing but add unnecessary fuel to the fire of the 'we're losing the country' brigade. I'm not disagreeing that immigration should be controlled, but i do think it's a fear that is widely exagerated.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6884785.ece

One of the tabloids has an article by Russell Brand this morning.

He did some TV once with a guy called Collett who is now the BNP's Head of PR.

Collett referred to gay people as "Aids Monkeys" repeatedly.

that sums it up I think.

just gone into the studio now. cant believe sky news, its like diana's funeral.

Didsbury Dave said:

that sums it up I think.

I saw the very show!

Brand handed the guy his arse several times, at one point the BNP guy asked a few local lads to help shoot Brand down and they all sided with Brand claiming the BNP were just making life hard for all colours living in a multi racial area.

The guy came across as a total arsehole, racist, sexist, homophobic, an insult to all white men. He was thick as pig shit too which Brand played on fully. He was nothing other than a scared 'little boy' to quote Brand.

Phew, if they have his like involved we have fuck all to be worried about!

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I think he'll come across very well against some clapping morons in the audience applauding every attack thrown at him.

I am ashamed that you are a City fan.

Didsbury Dave said:

that sums it up I think.

lf he was referring to Russell Brand as an Aids Monkey ,based on his track record, l could understand it ,but to use it against all homo's is a tad harsh ...

der-bomber said:
Didsbury Dave said:

that sums it up I think.

lf he was referring to Russell Brand as an Aids Monkey ,based on his track record, l could understand it ,but to use it against all homo's is a tad harsh ...

Brand's a cool guy, people just can't get past his hair or tight jeans. On that basis what chance have people with an other skin colour got?

ono said:
M18CTID said:
To be honest, I can't take much of what BB2 says seriously and some of the things he's said on this thread are out of order and plain wrong IMO, especially the bit about multiculturalism having completely failed in this country.

However, the rest of your post is bang on the money for me and interestingly no-one has responded to it so far. If the estimates are correct, I can't honestly see how we can cope with an extra 9 million people flooding into this country over the next 10-15 years. The country is struggling like mad now so Christ knows what it will be like if those estimates prove anything like close to being correct. Are millions of jobs and houses going to magic themselves out of thin air to cater for all these extra people? Somehow I don't think so.

Immigration is good for any country, and anybody who says otherwise is being very narrow-minded but it's only good for a country if, at some point, a restriction is put on the numbers coming in. Surely we can all see that?
Yeah but that projection can be questioned given that there was a net immigration of just over 100,000 last year. Given we are in recession, and as of yet there isn't really light at the end of the tunnel, it's hard to see how a net immigration of just over 100,000 per year will equal 9m over 10-15 years? Is it not fair to say that this projection does nothing but add unnecessary fuel to the fire of the 'we're losing the country' brigade. I'm not disagreeing that immigration should be controlled, but i do think it's a fear that is widely exagerated.

Well I must admit when I heard the figures being banded about of an extra 9 million by 2029 it seemed very high to me. And if you take into account what I said, I wasn't taking those figures as gospel - you'll see that I said "If the estimates are correct" which in all probability they won't be and the real figure will be much less.

Griffin will dance around the unpopular views of his 'party' and will push towards the current governments faults..

A bad move by the BBC to allow this moron a platform. He will not lose any votes by appearing on here but he may well just gain some if he has the right tactic.

The idiot is even wearing a poppy... Most of his views go against what the poppy and HM Forces stand for..

I will be watching tonight, but dont expect him to be grilled as much as he should if the BBC would have invited a few more brave MP's.

Bigga said:
Danbert said:
You obviously don't live near Moston Lane

You're that gimp that was boasting about bashing "Billy Bum Beards" on the EDL thread.

How you follow this club with Muslims at the helm is beyond me. Now, you'll probably hide again, hoping nobody remembers you.

You have a 'brother' in NDR.

First of all let's deal with the lies - I didn't use the word 'bashing' i'm certainly not hiding and I haven't got a brother in NDR (to be honest I don't even know what NDR is)

Now for some truth - whilst the prospect of a baying audience tearing a strip off griffin on prime-time TV might be an appealing one to some. What they are not taking into consideration is the fact that Griffin is thoroughly adept at rabble-rousing, and if he turns up banging a few of the party's populist drums - more jobs for british workers, extra funding for the army, etc - the whole thing could quite easily turn to his advantage.

If he voices these policies the loudest and mollifies the BNP's reprehensible social attitudes whilst doing so, before you know it you've got a chorus of spellbound ignorants giving him an ovation on national TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.