Nick Griffin on Question Time..

BingoBango said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Please pardon my ignorance regarding Scottish politics,but do you,or have you ever had,similar neo-nazi parties standing on the BNP ticket in Scotland,or is this brand of stupidity endemic to the English?

Sadly, the BNP have begun to put up candidates in Scottish elections. In the forthcoming Glasgow by-election, they have put up another of their morons on the ballot paper. I'm glad to say, they are routinely trounced up here.

In the 2007 Scottish Parliament elections, they came 7th with 1% of the vote - behind the Scottish Christian party and a further 12,000 votes behind the Scottish Senior Citizens. I suspect that the sense of Scottish national identity puts an immediate brake on the BNP's hopes in Scotland.

Cheers for the info mate.
And nice to know that their bigotry is given little headspace north of the border.

mrcunny said:
The presence of the BNP in main stream politics is at least having one positive effect - it is making the mainstream political parties realise that there is something fundamentally wrong with the immigration policy, that stricter controls need to be in place, and action is needed like yesterday.

Without the groundswell of public opinion for the BNP, largely due to this issue, it might not have been elevated to its correct level of importance.
A shame that the left want to stifle democracy if they don't like what they hear.

Absolutely correct.This may be the only positive contribution they ever make to anything but it's at least bringing the issue to the fore and encouraging debate.

RPDB said:
It's a massive interesting subject. The BNP will get no-where in the long run. & anything realated to supporting the natzi regime is WRONG IMO.

However I do understand SOME of what he was saying.

My point is they shouldnt be called the BNP they should be called the ENP (English National Party) surley?

Example...I Scottish & proud to be from Scotland. I have an Aunt who is American who is proud to be American. Muslims are proud to be Muslim & Jews are proud to be Jewish & WE ALL celibrate this in our own way & have our own beliefes & so on. So I dont think there is a problem being proud of where you come from & wanting the best for your country & helping your own contrys people. But this doesnt affect me nor should it affect anyone else with freedom of speech. Does that make sense?

Please pardon my ignorance regarding Scottish politics,but do you,or have you ever had,similar neo-nazi parties standing on the BNP ticket in Scotland,or is this brand of stupidity endemic to the English?

I dont wish to appear Ignorant but IMO & my experience it is mainly an English thing.

Scotland hasnt got area's like Brixton for example which is prodominantly Black. In Manchester where there are streets & streets just for ethnic minorities. There is nothing like that in Scotland. We are less muliti cultural up here. Not racist either though. But being proud of where we come from is the only thing I realate to here.

Bingo do you get what I'm saying?

plenty of bnp members north of the border ...just put in a postcode to find your local nazis..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fishmech.net/bnp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fishmech.net/bnp/</a>

The Fat el Hombre said:
So what did evryone think about the responses to the article in the mail on Stephen Gately?

I felt that they said what people wanted to hear. How DID Steven Gately die BTW?

RPDB said:

I dont wish to appear Ignorant but IMO & my experience it is mainly an English thing.

Scotland hasnt got area's like Brixton for example which is prodominantly Black. In Manchester where there are streets & streets just for ethnic minorities. There is nothing like that in Scotland. We are less muliti cultural up here. Not racist either though. But being proud of where we come from is the only thing I realate to here.

Bingo do you get what I'm saying?

There are not streets and streets just for ethnic minorities as you put it.The reason there are areas of our northen towns that are purely Asian or Black is down to something called "white flight" thats down to racist,ignorant white people doing a runner rather then live next to someone who has different colour skin!!

Nreddishblue said:
Goater's Shin said:
100% agree. My idea of hell is living in an all white town with an ageing population where I can only drink tea or carling, eat no foreign food, experience no foreign culture and mix with nobody of another ethnic group. I love the melting pot that is Britain, lets invite more into the mix.

100% disagree. You must have supported the great unwashed who were outside the BBC TV Centre yesterday. They needed hosing down. You also support the destruction of the indigenous population.

I reserve the right to try and protect my people from being destroyed. You are the haters here.

dear nazireddishblue,

take a look around you. we all have different skin tone, different coloured hair, different shaped bodies. we're a mongrol nation. there are no indiginous people. nature tells us to spread the seed around. that's how we survive. now go shag your sister.

anybody that thinks nick griffin will win votes on the back of his twittering, twitching, perspiring, nervous performance, last night needs a reality check. i,for one, am glad he was given the opportunity to make himself look a proper dick!

dannybcity said:
There was actually a proper debate about immigration last night and Griffen sat there like the fuck wit that he is contributing absolutely nothing.

Was talking more about the fact that the BNP's popularity is growing and they're receiving votes largely on the immigration issue,which in turn is drawing attention to the issue.
I believe that a large number of people that are voting for them are doing so as a protest that they are not being represented by any other party.
I say this based on the fact that they and him are so transparently loathsome it's difficult to see many other reasons for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.