Nick Griffin Voting for UKIP, Tells Followers to do Same

Damocles

Administrator
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/former-bnp-leader-nick-griffin-says-hell-vote-ukip-9893376.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 93376.html</a>

Well I for one am completely shocked that the former BNP leader and well known racist feels a certain affinity to UKIP.

Next have recently been in the news where I live. Vacancies at their local distribution centre were advertised in Poland two weeks before they were advertised here.
I was having a discussion with my son-in-law about this and I was of the opinion that it was bang out of order.
Its shit like that, that gets UKIP votes.
His opinion was somewhat different. He's a teacher in a local comp and deals with the kids that will go on to work at Next or Asos or any of the other local warehouses and he was scathing of their work ethic. My lad works at Asos and the turnover of staff is incredible. It doesn't help when at least one local per month gets sacked for shitting in a box. Someone goes to pick an item and finds a big turd sat on top of the pile.
It just backs up my son-in-laws opinion of the locals.
The thing that made me really take notice was his assertion that immigrants to the UK bring in £8 billion a year net. If that's true then surely it blows UKIP, the BNP and all the other little Englanders arguments out of the water.

stony said:
Next have recently been in the news where I live. Vacancies at their local distribution centre were advertised in Poland two weeks before they were advertised here.
I was having a discussion with my son-in-law about this and I was of the opinion that it was bang out of order.
Its shit like that, that gets UKIP votes.
His opinion was somewhat different. He's a teacher in a local comp and deals with the kids that will go on to work at Next or Asos or any of the other local warehouses and he was scathing of their work ethic. My lad works at Asos and the turnover of staff is incredible. It doesn't help when at least one local per month gets sacked for shitting in a box. Someone goes to pick an item and finds a big turd sat on top of the pile.
It just backs up my son-in-laws opinion of the locals.
The thing that made me really take notice was his assertion that immigrants to the UK bring in £8 billion a year net. If that's true then surely it blows UKIP, the BNP and all the other little Englanders arguments out of the water.

It's very interesting to hear the views of immigrants that come to the UK. I see and talk to them all the time, and they are all very complimentary about life in the UK.

They are here to work, but they also appreciate the personal freedoms that don't exist in their own countries.

Life in the UK, for them, is so much easier and free of the hassles and tribulations that living in their homeland brings.

It could be French girls talking about how much more respect British men have towards them than their homegrown counterparts. It could be Spanish people telling me how much easier it is to live life in the UK compared to their homeland. Germans tell me they didn't realise how controlling their lives are by petty rules, and that they would be reluctant to return home as a result.

Poles, Latvians, wherever they come from, all of them talk positively about their lives being greatly enhanced by their move to the UK, and without question, they appreciate the the UK is a calm and accepting country,

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the work ethic of the 'local' population.

I have seen it with my own eyes. While the foreign scrounging gits have been ready and waiting to be taken to work at 3 am. the local lads and lasses are frequently still in bed, especially on saturday and Sunday mornings.

If I was an employer, I would much rather take on a foreigner, who will undoubtedly have the correct attitude, than a local person who, quite simply, couldn't be arsed.

Sad, but true.

It's ridiculous how far opinions on workers right have dropped.

Not to single out FPM at all but just look at those comments that we generally just accept:

I have seen it with my own eyes. While the foreign scrounging gits have been ready and waiting to be taken to work at 3 am. the local lads and lasses are frequently still in bed, especially on saturday and Sunday mornings.

It is deriding people for not wanting to work at 3am or wanting weekends off.

We have this perversion about the idea that a "good work ethic" is basically getting treated like shit and having to totally dedicate your entire life to your job and the whims of your employer. This is NOT an admirable trait or a good thing nor should we allow the excuse of letting people be hired under these conditions when we have a perfectly functional benefit system that will stop people from starving to death.

I don't particularly have a problem with things like child labour in the Far East because its either work and bring in a wage to feed the family or starve to death, because they don't have a social support net. I'd always advocate not dying over dying.

We shouldn't be trying to model our society on places like that. The work/life balance has been all the rage for the past 10-15 years because there was a wide ranging study in Europe that shown that it was the number one forcing for a healthy psychological state. In the UK as of right now, we work more and have less leisure time than what we would consider cavemen.

When you live in a technological wonderland with employees rights, a functional societal safety net, a potentially global customer base for all businesses and are getting beaten in leisure time per day by a person who had to hunt with spears to feed their family, pointing to people who are willing to work ungodly hours as an example to the rest of us is backwards logic.

We don't have that "work ethic" because we have progressed as a society past it and have more respect for people than driving them into a never ending treadmill of exploitation. We fought really hard as a country for workers rights and I'm amazed at how quickly a bunch of you lot are perfectly fine with throwing them down the toilet now that you don't need them as much.

Well said Damocles.

Economic migrants will always be willing to push the boundaries of acceptability because many of them have a short-term outlook on their time in the UK (or indeed here in the UAE). Work their arses off doing whatever comes their way for a set period of time and then going back to their home countries with more money than they could have dreamed of had they stayed there in the first place. It's the same reason why some economic migrants are happy to live 20+ to a house; short-term pain for long-term gain.

To suggest that the local population should emulate this attitude when they don't have a cheap homeland to return to in a couple of years is incredibly shortsighted. People fought for years to improve workers' rights, and while it's not surprising to hear that employers want to push things back the other way, it's sad to hear normal everyday people advocating it.

I've no doubt that plenty of us could probably push ourselves to work that bit harder, but berating a civilised society for not having a steady stream of willing workers at 3am on a Saturday and Sunday is stretching things a bit.

Damocles said:

Not to single out FPM at all but just look at those comments that we generally just accept:

We have this perversion about the idea that a "good work ethic" is basically getting treated like shit and having to totally dedicate your entire life to your job and the whims of your employer. This is NOT an admirable trait or a good thing nor should we allow the excuse of letting people be hired under these conditions when we have a perfectly functional benefit system that will stop people from starving to death.

I don't particularly have a problem with things like child labour in the Far East because its either work and bring in a wage to feed the family or starve to death, because they don't have a social support net. I'd always advocate not dying over dying.

We shouldn't be trying to model our society on places like that. The work/life balance has been all the rage for the past 10-15 years because there was a wide ranging study in Europe that shown that it was the number one forcing for a healthy psychological state. In the UK as of right now, we work more and have less leisure time than what we would consider cavemen.

When you live in a technological wonderland with employees rights, a functional societal safety net, a potentially global customer base for all businesses and are getting beaten in leisure time per day by a person who had to hunt with spears to feed their family, pointing to people who are willing to work ungodly hours as an example to the rest of us is backwards logic.

We don't have that "work ethic" because we have progressed as a society past it and have more respect for people than driving them into a never ending treadmill of exploitation. We fought really hard as a country for workers rights and I'm amazed at how quickly a bunch of you lot are perfectly fine with throwing them down the toilet now that you don't need them as much.
All of that, really good post.

Damocles said:

An excellent post, however I'm sure you'll agree that the issue of slave labour isn't about provision of work rather the redistribution of the profits made from it.

Going back to FPM's post, whilst maybe not the best example, the penchant for us Brits to pass on the shittiest jobs isn't new. The Irish, West Indians and those from Asia have all benefited previously from our generosity. Now it's the eastern Europeans turn.

An opportune time to point out that members or former members of the BNP are banned from joining UKIP.

Perhaps a Labour Party supporter could confirm how many of their local councillors are former BNP members now? Before the last local elections it was 9.

Dubai Blue said:
To suggest that the local population should emulate this attitude when they don't have a cheap homeland to return to in a couple of years is incredibly shortsighted. People fought for years to improve workers' rights, and while it's not surprising to hear that employers want to push things back the other way, it's sad to hear normal everyday people advocating it.
But on the other hand, it's worth mentioning the other reason why employers are often so in favour of open borders is because they can get away without bothering to train anyone local to do the job. Obviously we're all grateful for migrant workers in the NHS, but surely the fact that the system would collapse without them is pretty damning of the recruitment and training of British people to do these jobs too. When you're in a situation where business leaders can just ship workers in from overseas on a short-term deal, there's not a great deal of incentive for them to provide quality, long term positions for people with training and decent benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.