Nico O'Reilly

That would be an interesting Pep transition, Nico having played as an attacking midfielder throughout his time in the academy and the sort of player that likes to travel with the ball and score goals, you could have argued his weaknesses were defensive dilligence and holding onto the ball. Be interesting to see if Pep can change his game and make use of his obvious talent and physicality in a holding role. Despite Nicos history you can see potential in it.
What next Joel Ndala at centre half and Jacob wright on the wing :)

Exactly, there is a unique joy to seeing homegrown talent flourish..
We have been developing great youngsters for years - who knows how could a lot could have become under pep in a first team squad - sometimes 18 - 20 yrs is too young to judge...Id be happy if the prem made a rule that half your squad have to be from the academy and you couldn't sign int'l kids...would make the league better to watch in terms of connection with the team and local fans - we had this out of necessity when i started following the blues in early to mid 70's. Makes a difference - Ok you might not have the top quality but the league would be more passionate and more fun to watch. This is a key reason why non league is so popular in the UK in general.

That would be an interesting Pep transition, Nico having played as an attacking midfielder throughout his time in the academy and the sort of player that likes to travel with the ball and score goals, you could have argued his weaknesses were defensive dilligence and holding onto the ball. Be interesting to see if Pep can change his game and make use of his obvious talent and physicality in a holding role. Despite Nicos history you can see potential in it.
What next Joel Ndala at centre half and Jacob wright on the wing :)
Once again I find it very interesting that Pep plays O’Reilly out of position as a DM ahead of Wright and Susoho who are both natural DM’s. Pep must obviously rate O’Reilly very highly. He’s been very unfortunate with injuries and I think he has made very little improvement in 2-3 years. For big parts of last season I actually thought O’Reilly wasn’t quite ready for EDS level, but now he’s been shining for the first team and even out of position. Exactly what makes pre season fun. Has a lot of the tools to play the Rodri role in the future

Not sure I see him as a DM, maybe later in his career. Far to much running power, and eye for goal. Would make a decent partner to a 6 though.

Great prospect and I thought he did well, maybe Pep just throws him on and tells him to enjoy himself because he holds on to the ball and loses the ball too much for a serious Pep side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.