Nicolás Otamendi - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 straight games.

I saw it differently - he has reverted into being a cheap free kick giver, something I thought he'd stopped doing. How many times does he give soft fouls by having his arm up around a player's shoulders? Also teams seem to be happier when he is the one bringing the ball out as he takes far too many touches before losing possession. Laporte and Stones all day long for me with the experience of Vinny as first change. I know this will be unpopular because Nicolas can be the best tackler in the team but our game is about speed of possession and not giving teams a chance to lump it into our box. I do think he's been a very solid signing and some of his performances during the last couple of years have been outstanding . I just say it as I see it. Still we are going to win this tie so we must not be too unhappy.

I saw it differently - he has reverted into being a cheap free kick giver, something I thought he'd stopped doing. How many times does he give soft fouls by having his arm up around a player's shoulders? Also teams seem to be happier when he is the one bringing the ball out as he takes far too many touches before losing possession. Laporte and Stones all day long for me with the experience of Vinny as first change. I know this will be unpopular because Nicolas can be the best tackler in the team but our game is about speed of possession and not giving teams a chance to lump it into our box. I do think he's been a very solid signing and some of his performances during the last couple of years have been outstanding . I just say it as I see it. Still we are going to win this tie so we must not be too unhappy.
Fair opinion. Just think when the rubber meets the rosd, he's always there to be counted.

Cheap freekicks are part of the Otamendi package. Gives away a few sure, but that same aggressive attitude wins countless headers, makes numerous great key tackles and blocks all over the pitch and generally prevents us from conceding and is often a key reason why we can play on the front foot.

And much like Mendy, I always hear he's got an error in him that'll cost us. But just like Mendy, that never actually happens.

We conceded a goal tonight that was a result of multiple players making errors in defence. And crazily enough he wasn't one of the ones that did.

My favourite defender, Great performance tonight again. If the ref had applied the same rules to Nico ‘s challenges as he did to those of Spurs defenders he wouldn’t have conceded a single free kick all night

Think he might come back in on Sunday to deal with the long balls.

Don’t rate him very highly on the whole, has the propensity for a good run of form but find him very erratic in general.

That said, he was brilliant on the whole last season and I actually miss him a bit in the line up.

Been a very good servant to the club, but can see why a move in the summer is in the best interest of both parties. Hopefully he’ll leave with another league title medal. Best of luck Nico!

Been a very good servant to the club, but can see why a move in the summer is in the best interest of both parties. Hopefully he’ll leave with another league title medal. Best of luck Nico!

I’ve just seen this posted by a few blues on twitter also, where’s it coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.