Nicoló Barella

What is the last trophy Brighton won?

Comparing City to Brighton is a new low for on here. Anything to knock the club I suppose.

Brighton will be relegated in a few seasons. Come back and compare clubs then.
I am not trying to knock our club. We have been incredibly successful on the field winning trophies but we can still improve in some areas.
We are looking incredibly thin in squad depth, Pep has appealed for new signings, he felt unable to make a positive substitution from our young bench this weekend. We need to give Pep the players to carry on our success.

Brighton have been outstanding in recruitment, development and the transfer of players in recent years. It's churlish to ignore good practice.

I am not trying to knock our club. We have been incredibly successful on the field winning trophies but we can still improve in some areas.
We are looking incredibly thin in squad depth, Pep has appealed for new signings, he felt unable to make a positive substitution from our young bench this weekend. We need to give Pep the players to carry on our success.

Brighton have been outstanding in recruitment, development and the transfer of players in recent years. It's churlish to ignore good practice.
Brighton do have tremendous recruitment strategy.

Think what he may be saying though is that its horses for courses.

*I do agree that the cupboard looked pretty bare on Saturday though, and that a RW & CM would have been nice to have.

Pep has had superstars on the bench in the past and still never made subs so that is pretty irrelevant. The club aren't going to just stockpile players. Pep has also spoken at length about having a small squad and this is the consequence of it.

I don't think we expected to have Bernardo, Stones and KDB all missing by the 2nd game of the season.

Pep gets an easy run by most on here, he is as involved as any on the transfer front. I am sure Txiki goes to every meeting armed with scouting reports but he can't force Pep to accept and Pep has probably veto'd several signings that Txiki probably wanted to bring in.

It really isn't that thin the most we could bring in if 3 go is 3. Think we'll let 3 go and bring 2 in so we'll be 1 off our maximum allowed squad size, but it will be enough.

Brighton's CEO Paul Barber was on BBC saying they plan several windows in advance to bring in replacement players, for all the players that leave. Mitoma was bought and loaned out until he was ready to join the first team. We seem to be getting our replacement players very last minute unfortunately.
What a ridiculous comparison.

Pep has had superstars on the bench in the past and still never made subs so that is pretty irrelevant. The club aren't going to just stockpile players. Pep has also spoken at length about having a small squad and this is the consequence of it.

I don't think we expected to have Bernardo, Stones and KDB all missing by the 2nd game of the season.

Pep gets an easy run by most on here, he is as involved as any on the transfer front. I am sure Txiki goes to every meeting armed with scouting reports but he can't force Pep to accept and Pep has probably veto'd several signings that Txiki probably wanted to bring in.
It's true Pep probably makes less subs than most managers. However his bench was the weakest I have ever seen it this weekend. Pep does like a less bloated, flexible squad but he was apparently appealing for reinforcements in his press conference?

Last season was very unusual having so few injuries, (zero going into the business end!). It's usual for a club to have between 3-5 players out as ongoing injuries. We are very lucky Rodri has stayed injury free given he's had so little rest. This season we could face a record number of games and with the extension to extra time periods each game there will be a lot more strain on our squad.

I am fully behind Pep, he's the best manager in the world. We need to give Pep the players he wants to build on our success. It's a very important 10 days!

Fair enough. You can’t really compare both clubs on a sporting level. When did it become essential to win the we made the most money award? I blame levy for this.

Brighton have recruited well and managed to catch the chavs at a good time. All I am saying is that City’s transfer dealing can’t be compared. We don’t sell any players unless they have hit a certain age or want out like Sane & Sterling. Even then the fee is nominal.

City normally act in a 3/5 year cycle on recruitment but due to the enormity of our recent success and allowing some top quality players time to decide their future combined with Kdb injury and this particular transfer window has not went to plan. Bellingham also chose Madrid. So again we tried early with him but just not interested.

Need to be careful in the last few days. We could end up buying crap and being stuck with players who are not good enough ala rags.

Interesting to see how the club handles the last few days. I would hope it’s not panic but more bringing forward plans this window and transferring players a season earlier than anticipated.

Last edited:
It really isn't that thin the most we could bring in if 3 go is 3. Think we'll let 3 go and bring 2 in so we'll be 1 off our maximum allowed squad size, but it will be enough.
I think we will certainly have more injuries this season, given the extra strain on players. We need a squad to cover this.

I think we will certainly have more injuries this season, given the extra strain on players. We need a squad to cover this.
We can only have the squad we're allowed. I think we'll have 1 less than that but we will keep McAtee , plus Lewis seems to trusted and we didn't have him either start of last season.

What is the last trophy Brighton won?

Comparing City to Brighton is a new low for on here. Anything to knock the club I suppose.

Brighton will be relegated in a few seasons. Come back and compare clubs then.
Brighton are top of the league, and will no doubt be there or thereabouts in the latter stages of the champions league, little city could learn a lot from them, I've got a fiver on them to win the grand national and the superbowl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.