Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. iirc Txiki went with Pel to specifically watch him. Tell me where I have inferred Pep was involved.

Sorry, I can't seem to grasp the whole multiple quote thing but.

"I think if Otter spends as much time diving in or on his arse this season he'll be sitting next to Pep on the bench.
Pellegrini tolerated some things that Pep will outlaw immediately."

"What makes you think that. Yes he goes to ground a lot but dont you think we knew how Ota defends, yet still bought him?"

The guy thinks that if he doesn't stay on his feet Pep will bench him.
You responded with the bit that I highlighted.
He's talking about Pep judging him and you're talking about the people that bought him before Pep showed up.
I'm not sure what that has to do with what Pep wants out of a defender.

Sorry, I can't seem to grasp the whole multiple quote thing but.

"I think if Otter spends as much time diving in or on his arse this season he'll be sitting next to Pep on the bench.
Pellegrini tolerated some things that Pep will outlaw immediately."

"What makes you think that. Yes he goes to ground a lot but dont you think we knew how Ota defends, yet still bought him?"

The guy thinks that if he doesn't stay on his feet Pep will bench him.
You responded with the bit that I highlighted.
He's talking about Pep judging him and you're talking about the people that bought him before Pep showed up.
I'm not sure what that has to do with what Pep wants out of a defender.
The common denominator in the purchase was Txiki, and when we bought Ota, he would have been aware that Pep would be joining us. Im not suggesting that Ota was a Pep purchase, my point is that Txiki bought Ota knowing the type of defender he is.

The going to ground thing is so over exaggerated.

Going to ground is his way of defending we all know that... He gets skinned going to ground no more than any top defender gets turned inside out while they are still stood on their feet. It just looks a bit worse being on your arse, (he gets up ridiculously quick by the way).

Maybe I'm a little biased as he is probably my favourite player in the whole squad as he plays the game exactly how I do! He's exciting for a centre half!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.