Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we should consider putting him as the man who attacks the near post defending corners as he's the most aggressive attacker of the ball we have and people are getting that flick on far too easily at the moment. If they want to put one over the first man and into the middle of the box then I'd back Ederson to come out and get most of them, but if we keep letting teams get that flick on at the near post we will be in trouble

Reckon we should consider putting him as the man who attacks the near post defending corners as he's the most aggressive attacker of the ball we have and people are getting that flick on far too easily at the moment. If they want to put one over the first man and into the middle of the box then I'd back Ederson to come out and get most of them, but if we keep letting teams get that flick on at the near post we will be in trouble
Thought so too.

We have our tallest players where the ball is most likely to land.

As mentioned above, it's actually at the first man where we are failing because the ball is getting flicked on and we are not winning those headers.

I can only assume it's deliberate and teams are doing their homework. Our shorter players are in the zones at the front and back post.

Not really much else we can do, we are a small team.

Ota is proving me wrong and he is finally looking like he is getting consistency in his game (as well as getting on the scoresheet).

Another goal for El General today and he's now got four on the season in the league! I do recall him scoring a few at Valencia but that's very impressive for a defender in 15 games

One word, BEAST!!!! Forget about the goals, I'm just proud of how he battled against Lukaku and Zlatan, going up and winning headers! I'm really proud of him this year!!!

He's been absolutely class this season, great in the build up, solid in defence and even chipping in with goals. A key player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.