Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTM for me.Strong in the tackle, won most things in the air (against taller players as well) & poachers goal. Stays on his feet more too this season
+1

He has stepped up at exactly the right time and has been immense this season, regardless of partner. And, the goals he is chipping in are the cherry on the icing on the cake!

Superb again today. He's becoming a real leader at the back and is probably the best CB in the league at the moment. The coaching of Pep and the application of the player to improve himself has been nothing short of remarkable.

I thought he did brilliantly today as Mangala was one step from disaster all the time but he kept his shit together & played his game without reverting to any falling on his arse etc & also brought the ball forward really well.

Also Walker did really well covering behind him on the few occasions he was unable to stop the attacker.

I feel that is a key situation v the rags. They have pace strength & height & almost fuck all else.

We don't need 3 points they do. Don't let them get behind Otta & Viiny by expoilting pace when they whack it forward, keep it covered. Then they pretty much have to score headers. Make them fucking work for their openings & rip them a new arsehole at the other end.

I thought he did brilliantly today as Mangala was one step from disaster all the time but he kept his shit together & played his game without reverting to any falling on his arse etc & also brought the ball forward really well.

Also Walker did really well covering behind him on the few occasions he was unable to stop the attacker.

I feel that is a key situation v the rags. They have pace strength & height & almost fuck all else.

We don't need 3 points they do. Don't let them get behind Otta & Viiny by expoilting pace when they whack it forward, keep it covered. Then they pretty much have to score headers. Make them fucking work for their openings & rip them a new arsehole at the other end.

Indeed I liked that "partnership" of him and Walker; even though it obviously won't happen too much throughout the season given Ota plays the LCB when paired with Stones / Vinnie.

His best season by far. Hopefully keeps improving and continues to pop up with important goals.
Cutting out the playacting and going to ground needlessly has seen him become one of our most important players. Fair fucks to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.