Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the movement of long superbly last night and snuffed any through balls. Thought he was very good.

I thought Delph had a bit of a WTF moment when they scored.

Fair point. He completely misjudged the flight of the ball, but then everybody in defence ran to the ball once it landed and left the scorer open. Had we not won, I think more people would have been howling about the defending, or lack thereof, at their goal. How Gundogan even allowed him to get the ball across at all beggared belief. There's been a lot of wailing about the attack, but the defending last night was comparatively poor when judged against recent standards, and it wasn't just at set pieces.

Fair point. He completely misjudged the flight of the ball, but then everybody in defence ran to the ball once it landed and left the scorer open. Had we not won, I think more people would have been howling about the defending, or lack thereof, at their goal. How Gundogan even allowed him to get the ball across at all beggared belief. There's been a lot of wailing about the attack, but the defending last night was comparatively poor when judged against recent standards, and it wasn't just at set pieces.

Yes the cross shouldn't have been allowed to come in. It was poor defending from Gundogan that. It was a poor goal to concede as was the one on Sunday but overall we have been good at the back. Last night was our worst defensive display all season. Tiredness may be kicking in a bit now.

Otamendi was great tonight. We are finally seeing the defender we bought from Valencia that made the La Liga Team of the season. Flawless in defense and chipping in with goals as well.

Full credit to both him and Pep for the improvement.

Apart from last season's alike "tackle" when Walker saved him near the end, very good game from him. And he adds some goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.