Nigel de Jong is a City legend in the making

He's been quality in most games since he signed for us. You can really see how much winning means to him and if that means breaking someones legs to achieve that, he looks liked he do it lol He's got the fighting spirit that we as fans desire from the players.

Like people have said, at the final whistle he was ecstatic and energetic. I saw him running towards the chelski fans and thought wtf, he's not doing an ade is he?! but then he ran to the singing section to throw his shirt in *phew!* :p

Must admit, I questioned DeJong earlier in the season, not because of his tackling abilities but more so what he does with the ball. Since that time, he has improved both his distribution and positional play, which is as a consequence of playing more often I guess. I do think it is time to have a definitive song for the lad now. I liked this one a fellow bluemooner posted earlier in the season (to the tune of adebayor....):
He smokes on a pipe,
He somkes on a bong,
He comes from Amsterdam,
He's Nigel DeJong!!!!

He was awesome yesterday, also thought SWP was excellent. How often do you see Ashley Cole sh***ing himself like that. As a consequence of SWPs excellent play, Cole rarely ventured forward (after first 10mins) which is a major threat in the chelsea diamond system. That's the last two matches he has clearly had the beating of his fullback - back to his best imo!

A final shout goes out to Hughes for assembling a team and bench capable of covering any injury. The options he has are fantastic. Even without Sylvinho, when Bridge went off, he could have put Lescott at LB, Vince at CB, but put Barry at LB and Vince to help DeJong managae the inevitable late surge from Chelsea. Very tactically switched on yesterday, as was wednesday, when the forwards wouldn;t allow arsenal to play from the back - forcing keeper to kick long, enabling Lescott, Toure et al, to mop up and launch attacks. Good thinking that man!

samharris said:
Aussie! said:
how much did we pay for dejong?

He gets better and BETTER every match!!

We paid 17/18 million 6 months b4 his contract ran out..he would have been a lot cheaper..but about 20 clubs would be after him..

talk about speculate to accumilate....great deal ..even at 18 mill.

I wish we would stop perpetuating the myth that he only had 6 months left on his contract. There are plenty of reports that his Hamburg contact was extended to 2011 - just not by the British Press which we all know is an absolute authority on football matters and never gets anything wrong ;-)

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/sport/4224383/De-Jong-verlengt-bij-HSV.ece&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522nigel%2Bde%2Bjong%2522%2Bhamburg%2Bcontract%2B%252218%2Bdec%2B2008%2522%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhiF5lMjy3XfpoiGAIQZTkj0Sa2iTw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... Tkj0Sa2iTw</a>

De Jong extends at HSV
donderdag 18 december 2008 | 13:27 | Laatst bijgewerkt op: donderdag 18 december 2008 | 14:20 Thursday, December 18, 2008 | 13:27 | Last updated: Thursday, December 18, 2008 | 14:20
Nigel de Jong (center) has his contract extended until 2011 by Hamburger SV. AP Photo
HAMBURG (Reuters) - Nigel de Jong has extended his contract with Hamburger SV 2011. Reported that the German football club from the Bundesliga Thursday. The Dutch international play since 2006 for HSV. He then came over to Ajax.
The 24-year-old midfielder was in action this season barely. He is recovering from a knee injury.

and

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.viplanet.nl/Nieuws-item/159968/HSV-en-Man-City-akkoord-over-transfersom-De-Jong.htm&ei=oLQbS8WlBMKC4Qabj5jjAg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CC8Q7gEwCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522nigel%2Bde%2Bjong%2522%2Bhamburg%2Bcontract%2B%252218%2Bdec%2B2008%2522%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... l%26sa%3DG</a>
"HSV and Man City transfer agreement on De Jong '
17/01/2009 22:53 17/01/2009 22:53
Nigel de Jong is close to a move to Manchester City. According to Kicker Hamburger SV and the English club reached agreement on a transfer amount.
The German football magazine believes that HSV approximately twenty million euro is to be seen if The Young verkast to Manchester City this month. The Orange-international should see themselves not to come to terms with The Citizens.
De Jong had previously indicated that he should consider an adventure with the number eleven of the Premier League. "I will study the offer and see what is best for me," said the 24-year-old from Amsterdam after City had previously reported in this week's Hamburg.
Recently extended De Jong HSV in his contract until mid 2011.

I can't find the original article on the hsv website I found at the time, maybe one of our friends from Hamburg can clarify.

Nige is awesome

20 years from now we will definately be saying "Remember Nigel De Jong, we could really do with someone like that in the midfield"...LOL

He was so fantastic yesterday and thinking back all those years I can't remember a more disciplined and passionate performance from a City player.

GaudinoMotors said:
Anyone read Duncan Castle's pathetic piece in the times?
Apparently Chelsea just had a "flakey away day" - I don,t think I`ve ever read such an imbalanced and factually incorrect match report of a game I've seen - ever!
Just to add insult to injury - Nige gets a 6!! whilst Lampard, Deco, Bollock, Essien get 7s
oh and Barry gets a 5 (personally thought he was excellent yesterday.)
They are also doing a world cup watch section to each match - Ie Germany - Bollock = sublime
but of course Castle couldnt resist - Brazil - Robinho = discontented!

Yes. What an absolute pillock.

The fact that he only rated Given at 7 is laughable, but De Jong, 6? Must be on crack or something.

Aussie! said:
how much did we pay for dejong?

He gets better and BETTER every match!!

£16million??

and, Abso-fucking-lutely! He epitomises everything you want from a footballer: hard, strong, fit, quick, not scared of anyone, tackles anything that moves, he's 5'5" and wins most headers against much bigger players (Ballack, Lampard and Essien yest!!), doesnt hardly ever give the ball away (i saw a stat from a game last season where his passing was something like 50passes, 46 completed to a City player!!!), drives the team on, organises+talks to everyone on the pitch, is very good at congratulating someone when they do something good, bollocks someone when they fuck up or arent doing enough, doesnt fucking whinge at the fact he was left out for the Arsenal game and comes back and puts in a performance arguably better than any ive ever seen in a City shirt!

Nigel...I LOVE YOU!!!! (not in a gay way!)

If i was Hughes i'd be saying; "E'yar Nigel, this is for you..."
Captains%20Armband%20Blue.gif

+1

awesome peformance. He's definately got all the attributes (just a goal now to complete the job), saw him
play against England in Amsterdam in August, he bossed that game too.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.