Nigel de Jong

vincent said:
Ricster said:
This thread is laughable.

De Jong is a rich man's Neil Lennon. Great at passing the ball backwards under no pressure and puts in 110%. But thats it.

People go on about his tackling, i'd love to see what his success rate is by a respected site, cos he does misstime a tackle.

Yesterday, De Jong was nothing but average, and there was a period of play in the 2nd half where he guessed which way Rosicky was going to go with the ball. He guessed wrong, and all i can say is that im glad Vieira was there to cover his ass, cos if he wasn't Arsenal was on a counter.

He is nowhere near worth the £18m we paid for him and i cant see him getting any better.

What gets me is its mostly the same people calling De Jong class who call Ade shit.

Now that is funny!

Average eh...One of the most important players in the Dutch national team...My rag mate loves him, thinks he is top draw.

Last time i checked, we played in blue, not orange.

Yeah his a didnt even see him very much and when i did he passed side ways performance was amazing.

The attention this bloke gets for average performances made out to be outstanding is beyond me

I'm certainly not saying he is outstanding. I just understand and appreciate the role he is asked to play, which I feel he fulfills very well. He's certainly no Beckenbauer etc and he is a player who will be replaced at some point I imagine as we climb ever higher.

What I can't fathom is the opprobrium being heaped upon him in certain quarters given

a) he does the job asked of him well
b) he's a City player
c) we are all blues on here (although I wonder sometimes looking at some of the comments)

Constructive criticism is all well and good, but some of the tripe posted makes me wish I was adept enough to post those oh-so-amusing face palm/epic fail pics, because I'm sure people are just trolling rather than contributing to a sensible debate.

vincent said:
Ricster said:

De Jong is a rich man's Neil Lennon. Great at passing the ball backwards under no pressure and puts in 110%. But thats it.

People go on about his tackling, i'd love to see what his success rate is by a respected site, cos he does misstime a tackle.

Yesterday, De Jong was nothing but average, and there was a period of play in the 2nd half where he guessed which way Rosicky was going to go with the ball. He guessed wrong, and all i can say is that im glad Vieira was there to cover his ass, cos if he wasn't Arsenal was on a counter.

He is nowhere near worth the £18m we paid for him and i cant see him getting any better.

What gets me is its mostly the same people calling De Jong class who call Ade shit.

Now that is funny!

Average eh...One of the most important players in the Dutch national team...My rag mate loves him, thinks he is top draw.

So after sneijder, van persie, van der vaart, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Arjen Robben and Mark van Bommel. van Bommel is also the captain and plays de jong posistion how it should be played

Ricster said:

Now that is funny!

but thats not true at all, they are both 2 of our best players

i get frustrated at his forward play but then i realise he is like a robot. only programmed to eradicate any attack against us. last week against the GAYs he was absolutely fantastic.

This thread has driven me mental and I need to stick my oar in. I can see both sides of the argument but both side seem incapable of not over stating their opinion.

Its quite simple though, like the majority of our team he is not world class. However it doesn't follow that makes him shit, he is a good defensive midfielder compared to the rest of the league. Just like we are a good team compared to the rest of the league. I sincerely doubt he will hold down a starting place if we do go onto another level (Only Tevez, Kompany, Adebayor would imho, maybe a few younger players) but he is far from out of place in our team. My point is basically, calm the fuck down both sides.

I have a mental picture of Gordon Brown commenting on bath time from that Sky HD advert the other night , lol.

Nigel is an honest player doing a good job as Sweeper , he is capable of going forward as was witnessed when he played for Holland where he ripped Englands midfield to shreds . I couldnt believe my own eyes, so he is capable of mixing it up. So why! isnt he given the role? Barry helped him out a bit better than of late yesterday, `bout time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.