Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manc in London said:
bonespost said:
To make room for a overseas player ?,can't you only have 17 in your first 25 not including under21.

May be you are on to something with that.

Be sad to see De Jong go as he has played a big part in winning the FA Cup and league. However, he has been holding us over a barrel of late with his wages demands.

Ok, taking a second to breathe on this one it makes sense.

Rodwell brought in.
Barry normally first choice for defensive-mid, and NDJ normally second choice anyway.
Probably looking for a central midfielder anyway (as has been widely reported), but one who is a little better going forward than Nigel and with better distribution.
This would - if we didn't shift NDJ - not only take up a foreign slot, but also relegate him to 3rd choice defensive midfielder.
Answer = Move NDJ on (love ya, Nige), bring in your new player, gradually phase Garry Barry to backup defensive-mid.

I dont see this loan happening but could understand the financials behind it if it did.

Lets guess NDJ is on £80k per week (if anyone can clarify then please do so), so over the next year of his contract we would be paying him just over £4m. He then goes free next summer.

If we charged Milan a loan fee (total guess at £1m) which happens a lot and they pay all of his wages then we would gain/save a total of £5m.

Only better option is to sell him now for over £5m but I dont see a queue of teams in for him at this.

BlueMark said:
I dont see this loan happening but could understand the financials behind it if it did.

Lets guess NDJ is on £80k per week (if anyone can clarify then please do so), so over the next year of his contract we would be paying him just over £4m. He then goes free next summer.

If we charged Milan a loan fee (total guess at £1m) which happens a lot and they pay all of his wages then we would gain/save a total of £5m.

Only better option is to sell him now for over £5m but I dont see a queue of teams in for him at this.
be very sad to see de jong go an absolute beast for us.i would be amazed if he wasnt sold for over £5m,i reckon arseanal would jump at a chance to buy him,he would be perfect for them,

sir peace frog said:
BlueMark said:

be very sad to see de jong go an absolute beast for us.i would be amazed if he wasnt sold for over £5m,i reckon arseanal would jump at a chance to buy him,he would be perfect for them,

I dont diasgree but if he isnt going to sign a new contract we need to make as much cash on him as possible whether that be a sale or loan with a fee, assuming as replacement is coming in of course.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
brummie blue said:
whipper said:
In advanced talks with Milan,loan deal

source?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Milan in advanced talks to ship Nigel de Jong from Manchester City (on loan, of course)

Cheers mate saved me doing,the same guy who called Nastasic earlier this morning.

sky now reporting:

According to reports in Italy, AC Milan are trying to arrange a deal to sign Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong. Reports claim Milan will offer €7million (£5.5m), while Netherlands international De Jong is seeking a yearly salary of €5million (£4m).

As long has we have a replacement sorted, £5.5m won't be bad business.

BlueMark said:

The advantage of a loan for Milan is that they're only committed to taking him for a year.

The advantage of it for NDJ is that he presumably gets to play every week for the next year, and can then cash in by arranging a lucrative move for himself on a Bosman.

For it to make any kind of sense for City, in addition to the other club picking up wages in full, the loan fee would have to be more than the amortised current book value of NDJ's registration. That means the sale wouldn't be at a loss in accounting terms. We bought him in 2009 for a reported GBP 17 million or so, IIRC, so you're looking at just over GBP 4 million.

I find it difficult to imagine we'd let him go, either on a permanent deal or a loan, if we don't have someone else coming in.

I see Rodwell as taking the squad place of Hargreaves/Pizarro, who both arrived last year because Mancini thought we wete short in midfield. Don't see us having fewer options in midfield this time round by Rodwell's arrival being part of a 'one in, one out' deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.