Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maestro33 said:
I wonder why he would do that. Milan are not going to pay him more, and although Milan is huge club, but their team isn't that great and its very unlikely that they'll win anything this season.

Exactly, made a similar post a few pages back..the crazy thing is, rumors from Italy is he has agreed a deal with Milan, most likely much less than the 100k we have supposedly offered him..
So he wants 130k-150k, City offers him 100k, he refuses to sign a contract, Milan offers him what 70k-80k(?), he agrees a deal..like wtf?
weird move for NDJ..

leewill31 said:
mancini can see this thats why he went for martinez,de rossi and maybe now garcia,better all round defensive midfielders that could even replace the likes of barry soon in the starting 11.
Do you see anyone you've mentioned coming to City with just a day remaining this transfer window? So if no player better than NDJ is coming to City, do you still not see that it is better to keep him than be short of DMs when we're in crunch mode?
Even if one of these better players are arriving tomorrow, I still would not give NDJ to Milan for a paltry £3million..

I don't want us to lose him but it looks like he is gone.

We really shouldn't have let his contract run down. Although there are rumours he rejected a big offer from us so maybe he just doesn't like something about the club.

Maestro33 said:
This move would prove to be really costly if Milan knock City out in the CL.
I doubt so. Milan's squad pretty in all places and disastrous, what they are doing now with signings like Bojan, are just B-grade panic buys.

CTID101 said:
I don't want us to lose him but it looks like he is gone.

We really shouldn't have let his contract run down. Although there are rumours he rejected a big offer from us so maybe he just doesn't like something about the club.

I'm guessing he wants more playing time which will be limited with us

He wants to play.

Not only did he not start that many games last year, he's watched over summer while we've been trying to sign players that would limit his involvement even further (DDR, Martinez etc).

Milan may not be the team they once were, but they are still a hugely prestigious club to play for.

I don't blame him at all and I wish him all the best.

I cant see any benefit at all for City in letting NDJ go no matter who is coming in and as its now likely that nobody of any note is coming this is really strange if Milan can pull off a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.