Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact De Jong is considered a limited player yet he has played so many times for us and Holland shows that he is the very best at what he does. The problem with De Jong is that when games don't suit him it is like playing with 10 men. However when the games do suit him he can be very effective and I can't think of a better player to bring off the bench and help shut up shop. Unless Milan give us very good money it is best to let him stay, especially as we don't know how quickly Barry will recover.

So if he does go to Milan, he'll be earning more than we've offered him on his new contract? Because if he isn't then it is one strange move for him.

I'd rather he just saw out his contract with us than go for £3m. £3m isn't gonna help anyone.

LoveCity said:
leewill31 said:
to all the de jong lovers why is he being let go again i dont see city breaking a sweat to try and keep him!

They offered him a huge contract that puts that of any other holding midfielder in the world to shame, but even that wasn't enough.

Love Nigel and what he has done but he is a typical greedy footballer and we are being forced into this. If he loved the club like some said, £100k/week or whatever he has been offered would be enough.

there is more talent out there for his position otherwise we would not be looking to get de rossi.

honestly i dont think its all about the money.

bluefandk said:
LoveCity said:
leewill31 said:
to all the de jong lovers why is he being let go again i dont see city breaking a sweat to try and keep him!

They offered him a huge contract that puts that of any other holding midfielder in the world to shame, but even that wasn't enough.

Love Nigel and what he has done but he is a typical greedy footballer and we are being forced into this. If he loved the club like some said, £100k/week or whatever he has been offered would be enough.

These are the facts that people in this thread choose to completely ignore, if De Jong leaves it will be because he has forced City to sell him, we cannot allow ourselves to be held ransom to crazy wage demands anymore.
I wonder why he would do that. Milan are not going to pay him more, and although Milan is huge club, but their team isn't that great and its very unlikely that they'll win anything this season.

Dimarino said:
GaudinoMotors said:
whicko said:
Holland don't rate him either, only 63 international caps!

What's all this "limited" shit?
He does what he's paid to do - and he does it well. He's a DM ffs
You could say "limited" about any player to make it fit.

In the last 3 competitive games De Jong has played in we have conceded 6 goals while he was on the pitch. Not that great unfortunately.

So you choose to single him out??

You could look at it that we might have conceded 10 without him - but that wouldn't suit your argument ?
Shall we ship Hart and Kompany out then?

If they let Nigel go without a suitable or improved replacement and then Yaya goes to play in the ACON our season could very well stutter early 2013.
We should be improving in this area not going backwards.

But then again what do I and hundreds of others on this site know!!
All our competitors have improved in this area of the field.

Dimarino said:
GaudinoMotors said:
whicko said:
Holland don't rate him either, only 63 international caps!

What's all this "limited" shit?
He does what he's paid to do - and he does it well. He's a DM ffs
You could say "limited" about any player to make it fit.

In the last 3 competitive games De Jong has played in we have conceded 6 goals while he was on the pitch. Not that great unfortunately.

2 of them being from set pieces. If you are going to single out Nige in a team based game, then your being very unfair. Are you insinuating we would never concede, based purely on the fact that De Jong is on the field?

Have also scored 8 goals in those games.

ForzaMancini said:
The fact De Jong is considered a limited player yet he has played so many times for us and Holland shows that he is the very best at what he does. The problem with De Jong is that when games don't suit him it is like playing with 10 men. However when the games do suit him he can be very effective and I can't think of a better player to bring off the bench and help shut up shop. Unless Milan give us very good money it is best to let him stay, especially as we don't know how quickly Barry will recover.

good points and as i said he is a good player but would it not be best to have a player that suits all games?

mancini can see this thats why he went for martinez,de rossi and maybe now garcia,better all round defensive midfielders that could even replace the likes of barry soon in the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.