Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemoondays said:
Gutted he's going but absolutely furious we are only getting £3.5m for a 27 year old current Dutch international with 63 caps.

Seriously, do we employ absolute fucking retards to deal with our transfers and wages negotiations?

Short answer: yes.

I sense a trend - match going Blues (who can see what is going on off the ball as well as on it) tend to have a high regard for Nigel, whereas tv and play station fans seem to think he is not good enough - if you go to games and watch what Nigel does, on and off the ball, tracking runs etc I think you see more than on the telly

MCFC BOB said:
80s Shorts said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'm absolutely gutted about this - and I mean seriously gutted. I haven't liked this summer one bit and this has made it worse.

For breaking up play and quick thinking to set up a new attack from inside the defensive half there is nobody better than De Jong that we could have had on our books by this time tomorrow - unless De Rossi and Roma have had a huge change of heart.

This is a bad decision by Mancini, Marwood and everyone else involved at our end. If Nigel wanted to go then that's fair enough, but I'd still have to call into question just how much we tried to keep him.

Goodbye, Nigel. We'll love you, always.

Reasonable good at breaking up play BUT "quick thinking to set up a new attack from the defensive half there is nobody better".

Can't agree with you at all.
You've slightly misquoted me. "For breaking up play and quick thinking to set up a new attack from inside the defensive half there is nobody better than De Jong that we could have had on our books by this time tomorrow" is what I actually said.

Sorry BOB, will teach me to read the full sentence before reacting with incredulity.

For me though, I think DJ is overatted on here. I think it is more of a emotional attachment to a player that gave his all and made significant contributions to our development. Mancini thinks he can get better and the club obviously were not willing to commit to a 4 or 5 year 100k+ contract.

Shit happens, we move on.

Eggsy said:
Have I missed something or didn't DDR say he's staying put ?

Too a little extent yes. He said more about the reasons for him to leave than come out and say he was staying at Roma for life and that he would never leave Roma.

Put it htis way, if we offered the club a fee they cannot turn down, they will probably persuade him to do the transfer. Eery player has a price.

De Rossi holds the loyalty to Roma not Roma holding loyalty to De Rossi. If they feel a price from us is good business, the transfer goes ahead in my opinion.

BringBackSwales said:
I sense a trend - match going Blues (who can see what is going on off the ball as well as on it) tend to have a high regard for Nigel, whereas tv and play station fans seem to think he is not good enough - if you go to games and watch what Nigel does, on and off the ball, tracking runs etc I think you see more than on the telly

What many are saying is essentially, he would not sign a new contract, I guess because of playing time, and the club decided to sell, but there could be a better replacement, plus there is no use crying over spilt milk, he has gone now, and we move on

This deal doesn't make football sense unless there is a top class replacement lined up. If there isn't then I think we're going to struggle in midfield.

I know there's many on this board who subscribe to the line that he isn't good enough etc, I've always disagreed with this and think we should keep him until the end of the season. The fee is peanuts, I'd hold him to his contact.

Gutted to see Nige going but the best of luck to him. Unless we have someone top class lined up to replace him then our transfer dealings are fucking bizarre.

At his game, Nige is the best. Will be their new Gattuso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.