Nightmare with Mancini

What we do know for certain is that Mancini and his "Itallian clique" were despised by an awful lot of people within the club and that article alludes to that fact

nijinskybell said:
Didn't take long for the character asI've assination to kick in... maybe the PR Department has been busy after all.

-- Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am --

Bazzmand Show said:
This made for interesting reading this morning and gave further evidence to the fact, that Mancini's personality was really not consistent with what the club wanted.

So why the five year contract?

This 5 year contract seems to be a bit of a myth pal, what I've read it was basically a years contract with built in 'get outs' for both parties.

DuggieCcH said:
Eaglechief said:
Oh dear, the character assassination of our most successful manager in 30+ years has started already.

I wonder if the same kind of things were said to justify sacking our last successful manager Joe Mercer?
Different world then, although nobody would have believed it of Joe. One thing is constant, Man. City's ability to shoot themselves in the foot. I can quickly reconcile myself to the fact that RM is going, but the self-inflicted sabotage of our chances at Wembley continues to gall. Could it all not have waited until 20th. May ?

No pal the cat was let out of the bag by a third party, the only silly thing (which may not be true) is that of a city meeting Pellegrini's agent in a public place.

Although this may have been done on purpose just to give bobby a boot up the backside, but bob reacted the wrong way and then had to go....who knows, although someone will know more and over time we will find out.

The fact remains though, those that have links with the club, PB, TH and others haven't been to hard on city. Make of that what you will.

So he didnt put his arm around Dzeko or Nasri, makes him a shit manager, of course the likes of Clough, Shankley and Baconface were well known for being nice to everyone. Some bloke in a car park outside the club said Mancini gives people who dont perform some shit, big fucking deal. If the **** who wrote that bothered to go to the swamp i bet he could get a shit load of people to say a whole lot more about the pisscan, especially if you arent going to print their names.

The club only stopped short of hiring John Maddock to do the firing, to stop this from being just like the Swales era, they have only acted like Frank sacking Sven, which is one rung up the ladder of shit i suppose, still shambolic at best.

That's the best article I've read yet on Mancini's depature, although it only scratches the surface on perhaps the biggest issues of all: his relationship with the players and tactical errors. But he is, of course, an enormous ego and this journo has that right.

Didsbury Dave said:
That's the best article I've read yet on Mancini's depature, although it only scratches the surface on perhaps the biggest issues of all: his relationship with the players and tactical errors. But he is, of course, an enormous ego and this journo has that right.
Dave, can I just say that the dignified thing for you to do would be to find a remote field somewhere and sit in it until your grin has worn off.

A shorter version of that article would be

"In public I personally found Mancini alright. But here's some unsupported rumours I've been fed that he wasn't".

Of course, the author has dressed it up a bit.

Didsbury Dave said:

What else do you know Dave as your plea for a new coach several months ago was a strong one and I know you and billy are mates so I'm sure there was other reasons for your disapproval of mancini other than tactics?

Didsbury Dave said:

What fooking ego?? The guy has talked and backed himself up, all his life! If he demands more from the millionaires at the club, performance-wise, then he is wrong?? What is wrong with the players improving themselves to the benefit of the club and themselves?

I, like Mancini, can only shake my head in exasperation at some of the players' inability work to their pay packet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.