Nike to make Kits

Re: City and nike

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I was thinking they dont really do blue kits though. Most of the teams they do are red unless someone knows of a team they do that wears sky blue like us
I'm sure Lazio have had Nike kits...

Oh god what about that horror show United one with the black V or this years Barcelona
Oh god we are doomed
Watch them be the best ones we've ever had now!

You know what though, if this is the case they should only release one kit this year and not 2. Next year it will be 3 brand new kits as we have been using one seasons away kit as a 3rd kit have the next season. I know tapping into the market is the be all, but considering families will be coughing up for up to 3 new kits next season, they should only bring out a new home one this year and keep the away one for the last season with Umbro.

I used to work for Umbro, and they are slowly getting swallowed up by Nike. Umbro as a company were very out dated and it cost millions to try and bring them in line with the Nike ideology. Basically Nike have got sick of it and will now re-brand all the profitable lines.

It's a very obvious one for the money men. Nike own Umbro so hopefully there won't be too much change from the current kind of designs (last season especially). I have to say though, Uniteds recent kits have been awful and Arsenals blue one this season is horrible too.

A shame in some respects as Umbro's kits have, in the main, been of a very high standard, both in the look and in the materials used, Nike I'm not sure will be able to match this. However you've got to assume that a company the size of Nike will have viewed City as the "next big thing" in English, and European, football and will have paid us a huge sum of money. If you look at the Warrior Deal Liverpool have organised (even considering it's clearly a dodgy "mates rates" deal from the Boston based company) City must be getting £20m a season as a benchmark, Umbro simply won't have been able to compete financially with that kind of offer, and with FFP kicking in City have to maximise as many revenue streams as possible.

Matty said:
A shame in some respects as Umbro's kits have, in the main, been of a very high standard, both in the look and in the materials used, Nike I'm not sure will be able to match this. However you've got to assume that a company the size of Nike will have viewed City as the "next big thing" in English, and European, football and will have paid us a huge sum of money. If you look at the Warrior Deal Liverpool have organised (even considering it's clearly a dodgy "mates rates" deal from the Boston based company) City must be getting £20m a season as a benchmark, Umbro simply won't have been able to compete financially with that kind of offer, and with FFP kicking in City have to maximise as many revenue streams as possible.
But with Nike owning Umbro anyway surely they'd back any big deals? just seems a pointless exercise why not because of their links with Citys past keep the Umbro branding.

Re: City and nike

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Haha you know, could of posted a link :(
It will be just print shirts that are wank
This years Arsenal one, (about to come out), is good but I can't think of many Nike kits that have been good. This years horror show that is the tartan United one, I mean what the fuck?!!
Hope they do better ones for us. That said though, it is just a kit I suppose.

I was thinking they dont really do blue kits though. Most of the teams they do are red unless someone knows of a team they do that wears sky blue like us

Technically not sky blue but not bad looking I dont think?

100th-Anniversary-Santos-Kit-4.jpg

This will forever remain my favourite home kit of ours from any generation.

CITY_HOME.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.