No City sub heard Tevez refuse to play....

Re: An own goal by the club.

pudge said:
What's an own goal? I highly doubt that the players went to the papers and said they didn't hear or see anything before the review by the club, or that they would stick up for him at all. And Zab's reaction says it all for me, if given the chance he'll call Tevez out no problem imo

They will be being advised not to get involved imo. Some may get involved and some may not. Either way it is a recipe for more discord and more divisions.

Rushton121 said:
Carlos Tevez claimed he was not feeling mentally right to enter the pitch for Manchester City after refusing to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich.

“I just was not feeling very good mentally to enter the pitch so I put my opinion to Mancini,” he said through an interpreter having been asked about what took place in the dugout.

He wasn't signed for his brain. Just his feet.

bzekosilva said:
Manchester City have been plunged into a new crisis after it emerged none of the substitutes on the bench in Munich actually heard Carlos Tevez refuse to play.

The news will throw the club into fresh turmoil, because it contradicts allegations made against the striker by boss Roberto Mancini.

And it backs up claims made by the Argentinian that he told Mancini he was ready to play.

The news will cast doubt on City's ability to discipline Tevez without facing legal claims from the player and his adviser, Kia Joorabchian.

City are expected to take evidence from Costel Pantillimon, Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Aleksandar Kolarov - the other subs who were sitting alongside Tevez at the Allianz Arena - as well as Edin Dzeko, who had been replaced by Nigel De Jong, shortly before the incident.

[b]They are all believed to accept that Tevez said he had already warmed up and did not need to do so again.[/b]

But none of them will confirm they heard him say he would not go on to replace Samir Nasri - which is the accusation levelled at him by Mancini.

.......right okay so thats why Zaba reacted the way he did a calm mild mannered soul....

This is what Tevez has said all along, that he didn't refuse to play but that he refused to warm up for a second time. And wanted to go on and play without warming up again.

Mancini is in deep sh1t if this is true. Not only because of the way Tevez has been demonised with everyone from Redknapp to Johan Cruyff spouting their opinion, but this will cause problems within the squad. Players will not like the way Tevez has been treated if Mancini got the wrong end of the stick and blew it all out of proportion & imagine how Mancini is going to feel knowing NOT ONE player has backed him up??

I have been honest on here all along, I don't think Mancini is the right man to manage the unique situation we have at City. I've felt this for a while so it's no knee-jerk, I'm consistent!!

intheknow! said:
bzekosilva said:
Manchester City have been plunged into a new crisis after it emerged none of the substitutes on the bench in Munich actually heard Carlos Tevez refuse to play.

The news will throw the club into fresh turmoil, because it contradicts allegations made against the striker by boss Roberto Mancini.

And it backs up claims made by the Argentinian that he told Mancini he was ready to play.

The news will cast doubt on City's ability to discipline Tevez without facing legal claims from the player and his adviser, Kia Joorabchian.

City are expected to take evidence from Costel Pantillimon, Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Aleksandar Kolarov - the other subs who were sitting alongside Tevez at the Allianz Arena - as well as Edin Dzeko, who had been replaced by Nigel De Jong, shortly before the incident.

[b]They are all believed to accept that Tevez said he had already warmed up and did not need to do so again.[/b]

But none of them will confirm they heard him say he would not go on to replace Samir Nasri - which is the accusation levelled at him by Mancini.

.......right okay so thats why Zaba reacted the way he did a calm mild mannered soul....

This is what Tevez has said all along, that he didn't refuse to play but that he refused to warm up for a second time. And wanted to go on and play without warming up again.

Mancini is in deep sh1t if this is true. Not only because of the way Tevez has been demonised with everyone from Redknapp to Johan Cruyff spouting their opinion, but this will cause problems within the squad. Players will not like the way Tevez has been treated if Mancini got the wrong end of the stick and blew it all out of proportion & imagine how Mancini is going to feel knowing NOT ONE player has backed him up??

I have been honest on here all along, I don't think Mancini is the right man to manage the unique situation we have at City. I've felt this for a while so it's no knee-jerk, I'm consistent!!

Tevez issued a statement saying he wasn't mentally prepared to play,his words,he also said the same in an after match interview,his words,so i don't really see your point.

Re: An own goal by the club.

From the Mirror, from yesterday, direct quote from Zabs
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Carlos-Tevez-s-refusal-to-come-on-as-a-sub-could-wreck-Manchester-City-s-season-says-Nigel-de-Jong-article805513.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 05513.html</a>

Zabaleta contradicated Tevez's statement, released on Wednesday morning, in which the striker insisted he had not refused to play and that there had merely been a misunderstanding between himself and Mancini.

"Carlos just didn't want to play," said Zabaleta, who, despite his friendship with Tevez, said players had a duty to respect Mancini's decisions as their manager, even if they did not agree with them.

-------------
Own goal by Kia and all the gullibles who swallow his spin. Tevez is fucked.

From the Mirror, from yesterday, direct quote from Zabs:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Carlos-Tevez-s-refusal-to-come-on-as-a-sub-could-wreck-Manchester-City-s-season-says-Nigel-de-Jong-article805513.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 05513.html</a>

Zabaleta contradicated Tevez's statement, released on Wednesday morning, in which the striker insisted he had not refused to play and that there had merely been a misunderstanding between himself and Mancini.

"Carlos just didn't want to play," said Zabaleta, who, despite his friendship with Tevez, said players had a duty to respect Mancini's decisions as their manager, even if they did not agree with them.

----------------
The article that this thread is based is just wrong, and so is anybody who believes it.

Rushton121 said:
Carlos Tevez claimed he was not feeling mentally right to enter the pitch for Manchester City after refusing to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich.

“I just was not feeling very good mentally to enter the pitch so I put my opinion to Mancini,” he said through an interpreter having been asked about what took place in the dugout.

Guilty as charged, m'lud

edgecroft said:
From the Mirror, from yesterday, direct quote from Zabs:

----------------
The article that this thread is based is just wrong, and so is anybody who believes it.

I felt as soon as I saw the footage of Carlos and Pab on the bench next to each other that Zabaleta was pissed off at Tevez. Now, I wasn't there. I've never met either of these men. I can't say for sure and neither can anyone else who saw the footage. We weren't there on that bench. However, while watching it I just sat there thinking "PabZab is totally tuning Carlos out". If my memory serves me right, Tevez several times says something to Zab and Zab never speaks or even looks at him at all. Not even cocks his head. Just sits there staring straight ahead with (in my opinion) a look on his face like "you fucking dick".

I could be wrong. Believe me, I understand that. I don't think I am though. Regardless, Tevez own quotes post-match are damming enough on their own, as was his demeanor the entire time. Again, just my opinion.

Can't fucking wait for Saturday so we can get on the pitch, snatch 3 points and get on with it. Sick of this shit. I was a HUGE Tevez fan but I want to see the back side of him now. <---Only this.

Why is everybody missing the point?

The issue should be; did any sub hear Tevez AFFIRMING that he wants to come on a a sub after being asked?

Was he mentally ready or physically prepared (warming up or otherwise)?
Was he 100% confirming that he will come on as a sub?
Was he still rooted on the bench after being asked or did he get up?
Was he vacillating?
Was he Hemming & Hawing?
Was he stewing for not being selected to start?

Evidently just not only what he said but also his body language convey the MESSAGE!

Mates, please do not misconstrue the MESSAGE. IMO He did not in any shape or form indicate wanting to come on as a sub when asked. Thats the Tipping Point.

All he can mentally dwell on is his past contribution (handsomely paid) as a top City striker (currently being displaced by our other strikers justifiably so) as per his gripe when interviewed why he didn't come on.

FFS look at Milner, Kolarov when they were called to action. They were gung ho to come on & thats what we expect every city player who is proud to battle for our club .

Does the manager have to come & personally beg him to come on as a sub?

The bottom line is Tevez 'wants away'.

-- Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 am --

Now does this contradict that he was 100% ready to play or come on as a sub? A 100% professional?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.