No History ?

Gelsons Dad said:
black mamba said:
In 1957-58, Manchester City scored 104 goals and conceded 100 in the old Division 1 ............ the only occasion that a club has both scored and conceded 100 goals in a league season.

Was hughes in charge that season?
Was hughes in charge that season
That sums up your contribution to this board & on this thread perfectly,nothing to offer whatsoever.

bluemanc said:
Sky Blue said:
Leeds did that in 1968. League Cup and Fairs Cup...
The fairs cup wasn't open to all Euro country's,niether was the Newc one.
2dt0tgi.jpg

First ever Treble by an English club.

Sorry to be a killjoy Bluemanc,but the First Division trophy was won in 1968 and the F.A.Cup was won in the following season 1969.

manclad said:
bluemanc said:
The fairs cup wasn't open to all Euro country's,niether was the Newc one.
2dt0tgi.jpg

First ever Treble by an English club.

Sorry to be a killjoy Bluemanc,but the First Division trophy was won in 1968 and the F.A.Cup was won in the following season 1969.
Sorry to confuse you with that picture, but the picture is genuine & we held those 3 trophys at the same time which no other club had ever done,by all means show a picture of another club that has equalled that before 1970 if you like.
3-Star-1.jpg

Shame our club doesn't know about our History,they could have said the 3 stars on the new badge were for that very Treble.

Skashion said:
bluemanc said:
That sums up your contribution to this board & on this thread perfectly,nothing to offer whatsoever.

Have to say I found it funny. Of course, I'm not the type to get my balls in a twist either from slagging off Hughes or worshipping Mancini.
Of course it was funny, very funny infact a thread about our History turns into a pisstake of our former manager which is something only "the typical City fan" would do.no other thread on any other clubs forum about the clubs History would be polluted by a comment like that..........free speech though.

bluemanc said:
manclad said:
Sorry to confuse you with that picture, but the picture is genuine & we held those 3 trophys at the same time which no other club had ever done,by all means show a picture of another club that has equalled that before 1970 if you like.
3-Star-1.jpg

Shame our club doesn't know about our History,they could have said the 3 stars on the new badge were for that very Treble.

I think that this photo was a publicity stunt of some kind.By the time we won the F.A. Cup in May 1969,the 1st Division had been won by Leeds United for that season.
The only teams to win the "Double" of F.A. Cup and 1st Division title in the same season around that time were Tottenham Hotspur in 1961 and then Arsenal in 1971.
Check the history books if you don't believe me.

MCC said:
The people who say we have no history know fuck all about football. Our first trophy was in 1899!!

Granted that was the Second Division trophy, not one counted as "major" in footballing terms.

Our first major trophy was 1904 (FA Cup), so not long after. 5 years before U****d won it (with our team, no less, due to City having been penalised for paying players illegal match bonuses by having the team dispersed), 25 years before Arsenal, 61 years before Liverpool and 66 years before Chelsea first won theirs. In fact we'd won all 4 of our FA Cup wins before Chelsea first won one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.