No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

I dont know why anybody would want that on our shirt? We are manchester city lets play with our current manchester city badge. I doubt back when they had the coat of arms on the shirt and they got to the final they weren't saying, we should having the st marks cross.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
SWP's back said:
You know I rarely criticise the club for anything at all but it is tradition and they would have sold a good few thousand. Bad decision for tradition and commercially imho.

Our crest is us though. It is supposed to be a symbol of Manchester City Football Club. I would not begrudge the coat of arms being on it either, as City belongs to the people of Manchester..

my major gripe is why does everything have to be such a big deal? We're in a cup final and people are moaning about a badge? Talking about campaigns, ffs, get over it and enjoy the occassion

It won't ruin my day and I think some on here must be on their period. But a tip of the hat toward tradition and the chance to shift a few thousand tops would, in my opinion, have been the clever thing to do.

As I say, it is just a strange decision.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am --<br /><br />
mike channon´s windmill said:
I think at least for the likes of crinklies such as myself we could do it one more time before totally selling out - would that not be reasonable?

Selling out? Do me a favour. On another thread, a poster is criticising the club for too many kits. Another one would have surely been a better sign of "selling out".

Anyway, if you think your club is now soul-less, then there are plenty of young-un's desperate for your Final ticket.

SWP's back said:
Our crest is us though. It is supposed to be a symbol of Manchester City Football Club. I would not begrudge the coat of arms being on it either, as City belongs to the people of Manchester..

my major gripe is why does everything have to be such a big deal? We're in a cup final and people are moaning about a badge? Talking about campaigns, ffs, get over it and enjoy the occassion

It won't ruin my day and I think some on here must be on their period. But a tip of the hat toward tradition and the chance to shift a few thousand tops would, in my opinion, have been the clever thing to do.

As I say, it is just a strange decision.

If we win it, maybe they will release a cup final winners shirt with the coat of arms on it.

SWP's back said:

If we win it, maybe they will release a cup final winners shirt with the coat of arms on it.

Yeah maybe. I'd be interested to know why the club haven't explained the decision (FA blocked it? Not enough time to process the change etc)

People say it will sell thousands with the coat of arms on it-prove it, don't just say it-10 to 20 people on here saying it doesn't represent the opinion of the majority.

Looking at people on all the message boards and clubs facebook page, we have fans across the UK, Europe and beyond-these are the people the players will be representing, not just the people of Manchester. Move on, it's a badge not the end of the world.

SWP's back said:

Yeah maybe. I'd be interested to know why the club haven't explained the decision (FA blocked it? Not enough time to process the change etc)

There could be contractual issues with Umbro? Fuck knows what goes on, on the business side of things.

As I said, I'll enjoy the day even if they played in yellow with pink polka dots. City is City.

SWP's back said:

-- Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am --

I think at least for the likes of crinklies such as myself we could do it one more time before totally selling out - would that not be reasonable?

Selling out? Do me a favour. On another thread, a poster is criticising the club for too many kits. Another one would have surely been a better sign of "selling out".

Anyway, if you think your club is now soul-less, then there are plenty of young-un's desperate for your Final ticket.

It´s fans like you and I mate that give the club its soul and the owners have recognised that and I thank them for it. The selling out comment is just a way of saying that the world moves on and that the marketing men will have their way whether we like it or not. The times we live in mate. As for my final ticket I don´t have one yet but I´d hazard a guess that by the time I do get one the two trips to Wembers will have cost me 2 - 3k - cash I´m certainly not earning atm so the savings have taken a hit!!

Why hasn't anyone moaned yet that we're not playing in red and black? After all that's the kit we last won the cup in, tradition, soul of the club, shift a few thousand, etc etc.

Yawn.

SWP's back said:

-- Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am --

It´s fans like you and I mate that give the club its soul and the owners have recognised that and I thank them for it. The selling out comment is just a way of saying that the world moves on and that the marketing men will have their way whether we like it or not. The times we live in mate. As for my final ticket I don´t have one yet but I´d hazard a guess that by the time I do get one the two trips to Wembers will have cost me 2 - 3k - cash I´m certainly not earning atm so the savings have taken a hit!!

Yeah - I understand your point and as stated, I am dissappointed by this decision but I just think it a fairly extreme view to state we have sold out because of it.

I doing same day train for the final as staying in London for 2 nights last time (+ food and beer etc) cost well over £600. Can't be doing that everytime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.