No More Champions League For Me

It's great seeing the superstars of world football live but I get pissed off big time with the falling to the ground at the slightest touch routine. It's like playing against Suarez times 10.

alib said:
I afraid it's domestic football only for me from now on. I've been increasingly disillusioned with the so called Champions League for some time and my decision is not just a reaction to last night. I will save my money for our Wembley trips from now on.
reasons :-
1. Bent referees
2. Blatantly rigged draws designed to ensure half a dozen big clubs progress

3. Rip off ticket prices
4. FFPR designed to protect half a dozen big clubs
5. No alcohol in grounds.
6. UEFA effectively condoning racist chanting
7. UEFA insisting no domestic games are played on CL nights
8. Season ticket holders being forced out of their seats for press seats and bigger advertising boards
9. Meaningless group games with nothing at stake
10. Obvious bias by high ranking UEFA officials (eg Platini) towards certain clubs and against English clubs in particular City
11. Heavy handed and often thug like policing abroad
12. The Etihad filled with tourists on Champions League nights

Agree with all those apart from number 1 - ref's are crap and need more assistance to get the right decision, but they're not "bent".
If they get decisions wrong then get demoted, it's in their best interests to get every decision as right as they can as they all want to ref the "big" games ! Ref's, like players, are effectively playing for their world cup places.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm actually staggered by some of the posts on here.
Years in the wilderness seeing the rags playing Champions League football whilst we were languishing in the second division and shit - now we have taken their place and folk are moaning about it.
It's unbelievable.
I'm not keen on the pricing and corporatisation in European football, but that goes hand in hand with watching the best in the world.
If I wanted to see the Bolshoi ballet or the Rolling Stones, that would cost me even more.
Folk need to get a grip here.

Haha very true. A period of adjustment still required I think ;-)

Had we won last night this thread would have less people agreeing with the OP....some of the points are clearly nonsense.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mayor West said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
I actually thought that this was one of the most valid, as it directly influences a fan's 'matchday experience' (whereas the supposed amount of boring group games do not). Get off your high horse, you sound like a right snob.

So because I don't drink and go to a football match to watch football I'm a snob?

Sound logic.

People like to be able to purchase an alcoholic beverage in the ground, on European nights they can't do this (for no good reason). I can see why all these things add up and might make people stop going to future games.
Yet Heineken are a major sponsor of the competition?!

clp1000 said:
alib said:
I afraid it's domestic football only for me from now on. I've been increasingly disillusioned with the so called Champions League for some time and my decision is not just a reaction to last night. I will save my money for our Wembley trips from now on.
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices
8. Season ticket holders being forced out of their seats for press seats and bigger advertising boards
10. Obvious bias by high ranking UEFA officials (eg Platini) towards certain clubs and against English clubs in particular City

Agree with all those apart from number 1 - ref's are crap and need more assistance to get the right decision, but they're not "bent".
If they get decisions wrong then get demoted, it's in their best interests to get every decision as right as they can as they all want to ref the "big" games ! Ref's, like players, are effectively playing for their world cup places.

Unfortunately I thing referees are instructed to referee like that as it seems to happen in most games in this competition.

We went 20 years without the champs league and I could go another 20 without it.....
It doesn't do anything for me what so ever and I've said that in many previous posts and yes we have to be in it to recoup the money but it just a cash cow competition at the end of the day..
No sour grapes, no bitterness, I'd be saying this if Kazakhstan farmers had just stuck two past us, call me old fashioned but the fa cup and the milk cup excite me 100 times more than this competition. .
Roll on Wembley.

alib said:
1. Bent referees

3. Rip off ticket prices

Couldn't agree more - however being a masochist I'll probably keep going.
(The alcohol issue is particularly insulting and hypocritical, allow alcohol corporations to sponsor but don't allow fans to drink).

Im fucking loving it.all of it..l know lets go back to playing in the auto windsceens.

We lost to the second best team in the world.
Stop being soft and embrace where we are going.

Mayor West said:
No. 5 is a pathetic reason to not want to go to a football match.

Its a bit self righteous having a major alcohol producer paying millions to sponsor a competition, that no one can sample their product at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.