No More Champions League For Me

mrtwiceaseason said:
was sat on row c last night which is the cl front row .with the advertising boards pushed closer to the pitch the kids couldnt see any of the penalty area .and then a wall of photographers .worst view ever had at a football match .totaly shit for £120

I would end up banned from the ground, i'd fucking launch the cunts if they blocked my view of such a match.

"i'm doing my job mate...yeah well i paid 120 quid and have waited all my life for this so move or i'll ram your fucking camera down your bastard throat".

alib said:
It's not a knee jerk reaction at all . I didn't like it even before we were in it and found most games apart from the odd knock out game dull and just a money making exercise for the top clubs.
My first big gripe where City were concerned was UEFA insisting we had to play a home Europa League game after years ago with a 5pm ko just so it wouldn't overlap with a precious CL game even though 1000's of fans would still be working and wouldn't be able to attend
I have been a match going blue since 1960 and you are spot on, overhyped bent dross at best with poor refs and officials

I have only been to one European game in all my time and that was Munich in December and I only went to that for a piss up and its a city I have always wanted to see
If we do the domestic treble that will do for me, I couldn't give a fuck about Europe

Mayor West said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Mayor West said:
No. 5 is a pathetic reason to not want to go to a football match.
I actually thought that this was one of the most valid, as it directly influences a fan's 'matchday experience' (whereas the supposed amount of boring group games do not). Get off your high horse, you sound like a right snob.

So because I don't drink and go to a football match to watch football I'm a snob?

Sound logic.

People like to be able to purchase an alcoholic beverage in the ground, on European nights they can't do this (for no good reason). I can see why all these things add up and might make people stop going to future games.

big blueballs said:
shemnel said:
I have to largely agree, the CL is the current ultimate of corporate football.
The Champions League is the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football.....all about the money and fuck the fans....but you can't blame the clubs for wanting to be involved
Have to agree with this 100%, it's football for the middle classes.
On saying that we don't get the chance to see our team against Europe's elite very often and last night certainly wasn't Mansfield in the auto windscreens. Can't say I'm a fan of the champs league but I'd rather be in it than not.

Mayor West said:
I actually thought that this was one of the most valid, as it directly influences a fan's 'matchday experience' (whereas the supposed amount of boring group games do not). Get off your high horse, you sound like a right snob.

So because I don't drink and go to a football match to watch football I'm a snob?

Sound logic.

People like to be able to purchase an alcoholic beverage in the ground, on European nights they can't do this (for no good reason). I can see why all these things add up and might make people stop going to future games.
Indeed, perhaps being treated as though we're children incapable of controlling ourselves invites ire. All the more so considering the hypocritical twats at UEFA willingly accept money from Heineken.

I'm with the OP it was touch and go this season and yes I'm going to Spain in March without a ticket but next year I'll become a **** and watch it on the telly.

blue underpants said:
alib said:
It's not a knee jerk reaction at all . I didn't like it even before we were in it and found most games apart from the odd knock out game dull and just a money making exercise for the top clubs.
My first big gripe where City were concerned was UEFA insisting we had to play a home Europa League game after years ago with a 5pm ko just so it wouldn't overlap with a precious CL game even though 1000's of fans would still be working and wouldn't be able to attend
I have been a match going blue since 1960 and you are spot on, overhyped bent dross at best with poor refs and officials

I have only been to one European game in all my time and that was Munich in December and I only went to that for a piss up and its a city I have always wanted to see
If we do the domestic treble that will do for me, I couldn't give a fuck about Europe
That about sums up my feelings to a tee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.