No More Champions League For Me

I think it's a piss poor competition. Draws are rigged and refs ruin games blowing for pathetic fouls.

Premier league for me all day every day. Yes its brilliant seeing us play against teams like Barca but I do agree with people on here that the CL is overhyped ! (I'd be over the moon if we won it though :) )

If rather be in it than not if nothing more than to gain experience of playing against the likes of messi and ronaldo et al but the whole set up is bollocks champions league, champions of what finishing 2nd 3rd or. 4th in you own league, all the games we have played there has been some decisions that have been very strange either refs are shit or there bent, look at Munich away in the 1st game when silva was Gould after a couple of mins nothing was given and now pens given to opposing teams that aren't even in the box, to be honest it's not just is it's been the same at loads of games where the decisions are that wrong that it can't be fair

My mate was sat in east level 3 and he was surrounded by spanish fans. Nearly got battered when he jumped up when city had a chance, he told the stewards and they did fuckall. He lefted at half time he was that pissed off and said he's not going again. Gave me is SC.Going to see him today and see if he's calmed down so i can give is card back.No More Champions League For Me

malg said:
I agree with some of your points, but not all. I've said some of those points before and stand by them.

I personally think the CL is the emperors new clothes, it is vastly overrated and hyped to high heaven by the media as they pay a lot of money to cover it. Most of the group games are dross. I didn't really enjoy last nights game, as believe it or not I don't enjoy watching Barcelona - I find them dull. I wholeheartedly believe Bayern are better to watch.

However, expect a lot of criticism from other posters saying it is a knee jerk reaction to last night's game.

Enjoying is not the case when a team parks the bus at home, in a defensive 4-5-1. You beat Arsenal 5-3, United 4-1, Chelsea 2-0, and had 2 mild shots on target vs Barcelona at home. If one team is to blame for the quality of City - Barca, it's City.

You played like Madrid did in 2011, when they also lost 0-2. That match was also boring.

I'd rather be in it than not. If people don't like it they don't have to go to the CL games, they can just stick to watching the PL.

Apart from the result I actually enjoyed last nights game. Seeing some of the best players in the world up close can't be a bad thing surely.

stonie said:
Agree with lots of points made by the op, ever since our very first champions league game I don't sit there on edge, biting my nails like I do at premier league matches, uefa piss me right off tbh with their hypocrisy.... Wankers

I kinda agree with that & its all abt opinions i guess,i would take the prem over the CL every day of the week doesnt mean i dont like the CL though,had a great time last night and we are right in the mix with the big clubs now,as we are one of them
I'd just rather bag a few more titles first..

I think all of the posts you make are absolutely valid. The competition has always been and always will be skewed to a G18 bias and is a corporate uber-fest of the most sickening proportions.

Its such a shame really, because prior to this modern phenomenon and the G14 and seedings, the football took centre-stage, and there really was the opportunity to witness superb European football / culture without the sullied fingers of self-interested 'elite' clubs, UEFA, global business and TV well and truly fouling up what was a magical experience. That's how a club such as Nottingham Forest could win two titles.

I remember witnessing a game of ours against Twente Enschede in '78, that was an absolute master class in European football from both sides, and it felt like an unadulterated football experience, nothing less. The football and the occasion were everything. Now, i tend to agree with the original poster that there is an agenda, subtle? on the pitch but absolutely stark and undeniable off it (such as FFP, the unfair seeding system and Sepp Blatter's 'problematic' stewardship of FIFA).

I place much more importance in a domestic title won over 38 games, in a league where there is a palpable sense of real competition and a spirit of fair play, i don't sense this in European competition, in fact there appears to be a strong sense of the opposite - a purposeful 'gravity' denying anyone access to the party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.