No More Champions League For Me

Stop feckin moaning, you are all off your heads. I've waited 40 odd years for this, loved the last 3 seasons in the Champions League and I don't give a crap about the so called negative points raised.
Leave your seat empty for some one else who might just enjoy themselves on the night. I just wonder if you'll be one of the thousands who will be trying to 'be there' in the final when we make it, because you can't get a ticket.
Either support you club or do one....!!!

Judging by City's recent response to feedback (tickets too expensive -> raise prices, food too expensive -> raise prices, stadium needs more colour and atmosphere -> ban flags from level 2) their answer to this thread will be to charge £60 for the Bayern game and £40 for the Roma game. I've been conflicted about the UEFA scheme for a while, decided to sign up, now tempted to pack it in but will wait and see if they offer reasonable prices.

I want to like the Champions League but after 3 seasons of going to every home game, I still feel very cold towards it. There seems to be about 10-15 minutes less football than in domestic competitions because the referees are such pedantic twats always stopping the match and being suckered in by the diving cheats of Barcelona and the like. The atmosphere in the bigger games usually starts OK then degenerates into either outrage at the bent referees or quiet disbelief at us chasing shadows against teams like Bayern, Dortmund and Barca.

It would take an absolute miracle for us to win it, we've all seen the roadblocks being put up against us at every turn, fuck knows what would happen if we got as far as the semi's. Would it be great to win it despite the authorities clearly wanting us not to, of course! But watching us get repeatedly screwed over is no fun at all. Give me the FA Cup any day of the week, where teams are drawn at random and all teams are given a fair chance and the officials aren't so blatantly affected by who it would be most financially benefical to go through.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Give over you bunch of wet pants. Bring them on. None of those teams will fancy us one little bit. You'll be singing from a different hymn sheet come the time this team get to the final.

No team will fancy playing us but that draw does us no favours but UEFA do us no favours. What fucks me off is that we cannot stop them behaving in stupid ways.

It is a complete joke that we are in pot 2 when Arsenal and Chelsea, who finsihed below us in the domestic title race, are in pot 1: that is an absolute nonsense.

I agree it's a tough draw and the system is badly flawed.

But it will make it all the sweeter when we win the thing, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

When we win it, i will be there, and will have enjoyed many various cities, drank beer in various countries, and had fabulous experiences.

Someone explain to me why this is a genuine seeding system and not a fix. When was the last time the Chavs were able to call themselves the champions of England. Or Arsenal. And when was the last time the Dippers even qualified. It calls itself the champions league and says it is basing its structure on a seeding system. It can fuck right off. It is either corrupt or it is an absolute shambles.

the last time i seen city in Europe was v Widzew Lodze (spell) 1970s? when Europe was the proper Europe and not this fucking pantomime they run, not paying to watch this hyped up shit, other than that not missed a lge game in donkeys years

Just wondering, for those ranting at those of us who've now reached the position of not being that arsed about Champions League games, do you believe your ranting is likely to win us back around to wanting to attend?

LoveCity said:
Judging by City's recent response to feedback (tickets too expensive -> raise prices, food too expensive -> raise prices, stadium needs more colour and atmosphere -> ban flags from level 2) their answer to this thread will be to charge £60 for the Bayern game and £40 for the Roma game. I've been conflicted about the UEFA scheme for a while, decided to sign up, now tempted to pack it in but will wait and see if they offer reasonable prices.

I want to like the Champions League but after 3 seasons of going to every home game, I still feel very cold towards it. There seems to be about 10-15 minutes less football than in domestic competitions because the referees are such pedantic twats always stopping the match and being suckered in by the diving cheats of Barcelona and the like. The atmosphere in the bigger games usually starts OK then degenerates into either outrage at the bent referees or quiet disbelief at us chasing shadows against teams like Bayern, Dortmund and Barca.

I wouldn't mind but for the most part, the games I've seen have been boring.

tiptopcheshireblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
No team will fancy playing us but that draw does us no favours but UEFA do us no favours. What fucks me off is that we cannot stop them behaving in stupid ways.

It is a complete joke that we are in pot 2 when Arsenal and Chelsea, who finsihed below us in the domestic title race, are in pot 1: that is an absolute nonsense.

But it will make it all the sweeter when we win the thing, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

When we win it, i will be there, and will have enjoyed many various cities, drank beer in various countries, and had fabulous experiences.

Exactly. I've had some incredible times watching City in Europe. It was something I always dreamt of and it lives up to all expectations. I'm expecting us to get to the final in the next year or two and it will be an incredible adventure. Winning big two-legged games against the best teams in the world is going to stand as some of the greatest occasions of our modern history.

Didsbury Dave said:
tiptopcheshireblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Exactly. I've had some incredible times watching City in Europe. It was something I always dreamt of and it lives up to all expectations. I'm expecting us to get to the final in the next year or two and it will be an incredible adventure. Winning big two-legged games against the best teams in the world is going to stand as some of the greatest occasions of our modern history.
you really believe Manchester City, the most hated club in Europe are going to be allowed to win UEFA`s prestige competition ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.