no more red and black scarves

I can't hide my disappointment at the club's decision not to sell any more black and red scarves. At the outset of this campaign I was told directly the club wanted to see how well the 3,000 scarves would sell before deciding on whether or not to produce more.

The fact that all 3,000 scarves went within 24 hours despite delays etc tells everyone it was a huge success.

On the day before the game at Leicester I spoke to the right man and we provisionally agreed to talk later in the week on how to take the sale of black & red scarves forward. The following Tuesday evening I was bluntly informed by a 3rd party that there would be no more scarves on sale. Who, how or why that decision was made I've no idea.

I refuse to be critical of the club in any way shape or form over this. We, the fans have received fantastic support from the club in our Neil Young Appeal. The Neil Young Appeal is ongoing and so is the club's support.

When I asked if the club could produce some black & red scarves they were onto it immediately. They also covered the £8,000 cost of production and delivery. Not the club's fault that there was a delay in delivery, that was down to the manufacturers and the Christmas break.

On behalf of supporters I have been dealing with the club for the last 15 years one way or another. I have to say that the current regime under Garry Cook is by far the best by a country mile. All the officials and employees I have dealt with have been absolutely fantastic, I can't praise them enough.

Going onto the street sellers the simple fact is we live in a supply and demand world. There is a demand for black and red scarves, the street sellers are supplying that demand. I'm told one is asking and getting £8-00 a time.

The suggested donation for the scarves at the club was £5-00 a time. Someone put £50-00 in, many put £10-00, most put the ask of £5-00 in whilst a number of tight fisted parasites who could afford match tickets, travel etc to the Leicester game put less than a £1-00 a scarf in. Most City fans are absolutely top drawer but a few are lower than the stuff I get stuck on the bottom of my shoes sometime.

I'll do another posting shortly re the Appeal etc.

Alex the Blue

Bluebee2 said:
de niro said:
I am wearing my scarf right to the final regardless of the weather.
I'm wearing mine now, it's freezing here.

u2fme2 said:
i am sure you will find them around the ground

Those who still wish to donate to the Neil Young Appeal can easily do so by going to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcsc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfcsc.com</a> there is a Paypal button there.

Cheques, cash etc can also be delivered to my home address:

Alex Channon
Penalty Spot
11 Thirlmere Avenue
Swinton
Manchester
M27 5XD

Cheques should be made payable to Manchester City FC Supporters Club. Letters of support to Neil, cards etc can also be posted to the same address and I will get them to Neil. Please put Neil's name on the envelope or I will open it thinking it's for me.

Messages of support can also be sent to me by email and I will get them to Nelly. alexchannon81@gmail.com

All proceeds from the Neil Young Appeal will be split 50 50 between Neil Young and the Cecelia Unit at Wythenshawe Hospital where in his own words Neil is recieving excellent treatment.

Alex the Blue

i agree Alex the current regime under Cook is quality, and indeed Cook himself is so helpful.............

still think that the red and black scarves should be produced more, they would sell out, can't understand the decision on that one..........

IF any more Red and Black scarves are produced by the club then I think they should be SOLD rather than rely on the goodwill of fans as SOME fans clearly take the piss and would rather steal from a cancer charity and someone seriously ill than donate a reasonable amount of cash. 5 quid is nothing to most football match attending supporters. In fact I would say a minimum of 7 quid a scarf seeing as it would be for charity.

I still find it hard to believe that SOME fans gave so little. It must have been quite a few since I know a LOT who gave ten quid and more.

Maybe a supporters club could produce the scarves with the clubs permission and sell them outside the ground?

The suggestion in my conversation with the man at the club was that future scarves would be SOLD at a minimum price with the club covering it's own costs. Sadly that's not going to happen now.

No doubt the street sellers wil be knocking on my door soon with their generous donations after they've paid the income tax on their profits.

I am trying to get hold of the original manufacturers of the scarves the club used so if need be I will purchase more myself. I've had requests for these scarves from a few different corners of the world and nearer to home also. If it works out I'll flog them myself at a minimum price with the profit going to the Appeal.

Stealing from a charity and a dying man strikes me as being a good description of some tight fisted shithouses. I console myself with the fact that the majority did the business for Nelly and the charity.

Alex the Blue

mancityvstoke said:
IF any more Red and Black scarves are produced by the club then I think they should be SOLD rather than rely on the goodwill of fans as SOME fans clearly take the piss and would rather steal from a cancer charity and someone seriously ill than donate a reasonable amount of cash. 5 quid is nothing to most football match attending supporters. In fact I would say a minimum of 7 quid a scarf seeing as it would be for charity.

I still find it hard to believe that SOME fans gave so little. It must have been quite a few since I know a LOT who gave ten quid and more.

Maybe a supporters club could produce the scarves with the clubs permission and sell them outside the ground?

The FA Cup this season is a different matter. I think it's a nice gesture that we showing some poor guy that we remember what he did and that he is in our thoughts. No doubt Neil will read the papers and watch tv where he'll see the fans with red and black on. I was going to say that it should be limited to FA Cup games but considering the limited time we have to show our admiration and respect for the man, why not?

I think that the red and black should be put away after this season though. I dont recall seeing many City fans with any colours on their scarves other than sky blue, white, occassionally maroon and a bit of pink for the ladies)

I agree the cup is a different matter this season and I'm hoping that as long as our FA Cup runs this season we use the games to remember Nelly.

I've seen many colours on scarves this season. We now have scarves that are half City and half whoever it is we play sometimes. People make their own choices as to what they wear and to suggest they put things away at certain times is no good to anybody. My wife doesn't like me wearing her pink knickers but I'll wear what I like.

Alex the Blue

daveduke67 said:
The FA Cup this season is a different matter. I think it's a nice gesture that we showing some poor guy that we remember what he did and that he is in our thoughts. No doubt Neil will read the papers and watch tv where he'll see the fans with red and black on. I was going to say that it should be limited to FA Cup games but considering the limited time we have to show our admiration and respect for the man, why not?

I think that the red and black should be put away after this season though. I dont recall seeing many City fans with any colours on their scarves other than sky blue, white, occassionally maroon and a bit of pink for the ladies)

Alex the Blue said:
I agree the cup is a different matter this season and I'm hoping that as long as our FA Cup runs this season we use the games to remember Nelly.

I've seen many colours on scarves this season. We now have scarves that are half City and half whoever it is we play sometimes. People make their own choices as to what they wear and to suggest they put things away at certain times is no good to anybody. My wife doesn't like me wearing her pink knickers but I'll wear what I like.

Alex the Blue

daveduke67 said:

Do you know of any plans for a City/utd friendship scarf?

Thought not ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.