no more red and black scarves

Alex the Blue said:
The sreet sellers have cottoned to the Black & Red scarves and not a penny of the profits will go to the Neil Young Appeal.

These ar*eholes should all be told by the real fans at the next home game, if they have a red and black scarf on sale, cheeky bastards are probably the ones who put 50p in and are now selling at £5.

I wish nobody would ever pay these scammers anything, they are nothing to do with city, and I suspect most are not even blues.

My mate bought a red and black scarf off of a street vendor last Saturday, I told him it was slightly immoral but he did donate a few quid to Neil Young a few weeks back so really it does seem fair enough, I just won't tell him that.

I'll wear what I want to the match. Who are these idiots telling people what and what not to wear?

I consider black and red, and maroon as our true away colours, and if I want to wear a scarf or a shirt showing these colours then I will.

As for the fan who bought a scarf from outside the ground, what's he meant to do if the club aren't selling them anymore? Hardly immoral if he doesn't have an official option.

TheMightyQuinn said:
My mate bought a red and black scarf off of a street vendor last Saturday, I told him it was slightly immoral but he did donate a few quid to Neil Young a few weeks back so really it does seem fair enough, I just won't tell him that.

He may have contributed to the Neil Young fund, so fair enough to him, but the problem with paying the street vendor is they are only in it for themselves, and sadly not interested in Neil Young. Many of them are not even blues, so he could be funding a rag sadly.

I'm planning on ordering one of the long sleeve red and black shirts from the shop online. They look mint, I would love to see us make something like this for the away strip next season, although I love our third.

And some of the profits go to Neil I believe

cleavers said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He may have contributed to the Neil Young fund, so fair enough to him, but the problem with paying the street vendor is they are only in it for themselves, and sadly not interested in Neil Young. Many of them are not even blues, so he could be funding a rag sadly.

That's true but ultimately, in his case, everyone was a winner. He gets the scarf he wants, Neil Young appeal still gets a donation and even the twat on the corner makes a fiver!

I don't want one but I'd feel obliged to donate a few quid to the appeal if I bought one of the unofficial scarves, if others feel the same then however you look at it, it's a few more quid for Young and his family.

I don't have the scarf as i don't want to buy one from a seller (but yes, i've donatedto neil, and made him a card as well, i've always had a soft spot for neil) - but as for those who still wear it (and i do want one!) i thought it was to show support for him. He seemed very touched by us all wearing the red and black this week, and what is wrong with fans wearing those colours throughout the rest of this season as well as a specific tribute? It's a way of visibly showing how much we care for a legend :(

Obviously the reintroduction of red and black shirts/scarves has been for Neil Young recently, but the look has caught on with the fans and so there will be spin off merchandise. It's as much about Cancer awareness as the Cup Final goal.

Does anyone know who the CEO of Kitbag supports? Because he takes 10's of millions out of City each year.

The lad who runs the store at Mary D's was selling the scarves but was donating £1 for everyone he sold. I also threw a few £1 coins in the buckets at the stadium ok mine weren't the official ones but I did my bit and will happily give some more!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.