no more red and black scarves

Blue-Eyes said:
mancityvstoke said:
City donated 3,000 red and black scarves and most of us tipped up a tenner (at least) for Nelly and the charity.

I've heard only 12k was raised. How's that happened?
For every fan that donated a tenner there will be one who thought it appropriate to donate 50p.

well those who did that should hang their fkin heads in shame. Anyone know the official figure yet?

mancityvstoke said:
City donated 3,000 red and black scarves and most of us tipped up a tenner (at least) for Nelly and the charity.

I've heard only 12k was raised. How's that happened?

How do you know most people put in £10 ? Like last poster said some will have taken advantage and put the bare minimum in.

I saw one tight bastard put in £2.50 for two scarves. I put £20 in for two as did the guy behind me. I'll also be wearing my scarce where and when I want. However, the weather is getting warmer now.

You've got to consider though that someone who put a small amount in may have already given a lot already. Or they may contribute a lot to other cancer charities so you can never tell on the surface. Come judgement day St Peter will catch the ones who've taken advantage and not given (not that I'm religious or anything).

I went down for mine on the Thursday and they had run out do had to go back last Friday. On the Thursday the girl asked me did I want to contribute now or when I came back. I said I would do it when I came back. If I had donated first day it would have looked to anyone on the Friday that I had just collected my scarves and given nothing.

simonr555 said:
I saw one tight bastard put in £2.50 for two scarves. I put £20 in for two as did the guy behind me. I'll also be wearing my scarce where and when I want. However, the weather is getting warmer now.

It wasn't £2.50... I put some Albanian coins in because they look like pound coins. So probably a total of maybe 50p.

If only the season tickets were such bargains...

felixbg said:
Bluebird1 said:
I guess that makes me sad and an attention seeker then Steve cos I certainly plan on wearing mine again. The red and black kits have always been my favourite away colours, I wear my First Advice shirt regularly. Hopefully it will also remind people of the reason behind the scarf and encourage them to donate to the fund.

Just a reminder for everyone that there will be a bucket collection for Neil at Mary Ds before the game on Tuesday. They will also be showing the 1969 FA Cup Final instead of the 4-3 spurs game they play every bloody week

edited for accuracy
Sorry Felix, I stand corrected;-)

The sale of the 3000 scarves realised £11,500. A recommended minimum donation of £5-00 was suggested which could have raised MINIMUM £15,000.
I know many put a £10-00 note in and 1 person told me he put £50-00 in.

Whislt I'm deeply grateful to the vast majority who put £5-00 or more in I can't hide my disgust at some who jumped on the chance of a cheapy, avoiding a fair donation to the Neil Young Appealbut at the same time can afford a match ticket and cost of travel to the game.

The sreet sellers have cottoned to the Black & Red scarves and not a penny of the profits will go to the Neil Young Appeal.

I welcome your condemnation of the tight minority.

Alex the Blue

Bluebird1 said:
felixbg said:
edited for accuracy

Alex the Blue said:
The sale of the 3000 scarves realised £11,500. A recommended minimum donation of £5-00 was suggested which could have raised MINIMUM £15,000.
I know many put a £10-00 note in and 1 person told me he put £50-00 in.

Whislt I'm deeply grateful to the vast majority who put £5-00 or more in I can't hide my disgust at some who jumped on the chance of a cheapy, avoiding a fair donation to the Neil Young Appealbut at the same time can afford a match ticket and cost of travel to the game.

The sreet sellers have cottoned to the Black & Red scarves and not a penny of the profits will go to the Neil Young Appeal.

I welcome your condemnation of the tight minority.

Alex the Blue

Bluebird1 said:

that's a shame for the effort people have put in to get this show on the road, but at least it's something for Neil and his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.