No one is bigger than MCFC - Let It Be

timesprout said:
ps the falklands is ours so fuck off you whinging little argy cnut and take your stupid little advisor with you, i hate fergie but looks like he saw that coming b 4 we did, bet the little red nosed tw@t is giggling his glenmorangie soaked arse off

Is there really any need to ruin a great OP with this kind of crap? We still have Zabba playing for us you know...

wayne71 said:
timesprout said:
ps the falklands is ours so fuck off you whinging little argy cnut and take your stupid little advisor with you, i hate fergie but looks like he saw that coming b 4 we did, bet the little red nosed tw@t is giggling his glenmorangie soaked arse off

Is there really any need to ruin a great OP with this kind of crap? We still have Zabba playing for us you know...

well said

DortmundDummy said:
Along with the singing of Mancini`s name wouldn`t it be nice to have `LOUD` rendition of `theres only one Garry Cook`against EFC....

Er, maybe not. As far as I can remember we've only ever chanted for two of our Chief Execs/Chairmen before - Peter Swales (Swales Out) and Franny Lee - and neither of those ended particularly positively. Wouldn't want to tempt fate.

I think it'd be best for Garry and Brian if we just stopped the negative criticism.

Gary James said:
DortmundDummy said:
Along with the singing of Mancini`s name wouldn`t it be nice to have `LOUD` rendition of `theres only one Garry Cook`against EFC....

Er, maybe not. As far as I can remember we've only ever chanted for two of our Chief Execs/Chairmen before - Peter Swales (Swales Out) and Franny Lee - and neither of those ended particularly positively. Wouldn't want to tempt fate.

I think it'd be best for Garry and Brian if we just stopped the negative criticism.
Maybe its a case of third time lucky !!!

Great post BTW

Poster sums it up for me....100%

I honestly did not expect him to stay next season given the noises he was making previously. But if he stays and plays until the end of this season i am happy and will support him as he gives 100%. If he does leave or refuses to play then his choice thanks for goals mate and close door on way out. Deep down we all knew what Carlos was like, he is not playing for us for the love of CITY.

Our goals this season not chnaged - top 4 and any cup final a bonus. We are in a very good position and key players seem to be finding their feet. I was surprised myself that I was not more angry with news, reflection of the quality in our squad and faith in manager and execs at club. Transfer window, two new players and a end of season push.....happy days at COMS!

Looking forward to reading Gary's book as on my christmas list!

getting back to the thread, I assume there must be a get-out clause in the contract. Most contracts would have one which kicks in if one of the parties wants to quit the contract. As far as the 2 parties are concerned the contract will state EXACTLY what should happen (and what penalties should be paid) if one of them pulls out.

I can only assume that Tevez/his advisor will have a huge ££££££s penalty to pay.

The more I read and think about this situation, the more I think MCFC are very much in the driving seat:

Tevez requests transfer. Club refuse. Tevez leaves anyway. Kia pays MCFC serious £££££££££'s - Ha!

I tend to look at present day activities by comparing them with past experiences at either City or elsewhere and my current view of this is extremely positive towards the club.

In the past some of our biggest stars publicly handed in transfer requests including Rodney Marsh (who continued to play for the Club for some time and even captained us after saying he wanted to leave) and Don Revie (who even appeared in the FA Cup Final for us after saying he wanted to leave and was one of the more inspirational players in the 56 final).

Their request to go on the transfer list didn't ultimately cause any long term damage for City and when they both ultimately left the club it was when City felt they were ready to let them go.

So, City have coped before.

Also, I think the comparison with Rooney & Utd needs to be considered. People have accused City of being a 'one-man team' but the general feeling appears to be that we can let him go if he really wants to leave and we will survive. At Utd Rooney is supposed to be one of many key players however the Reds did absolutely everything they could to ensure they didn't lose their star (even breaking their own wage structure etc. if rumours are to be believed).

It feels to me as if City's behaviour will determine how the Club evolves. If the Club continues to be in the driving seat (as with Marsh & Revie) we will be successful; if City follow Utd's lead and succumb to the player's demands then City may never find the success we hope for.

Gary James said:
I tend to look at present day activities by comparing them with past experiences at either City or elsewhere and my current view of this is extremely positive towards the club.

In the past some of our biggest stars publicly handed in transfer requests including Rodney Marsh (who continued to play for the Club for some time and even captained us after saying he wanted to leave) and Don Revie (who even appeared in the FA Cup Final for us after saying he wanted to leave and was one of the more inspirational players in the 56 final).

Their request to go on the transfer list didn't ultimately cause any long term damage for City and when they both ultimately left the club it was when City felt they were ready to let them go.

So, City have coped before.

Also, I think the comparison with Rooney & Utd needs to be considered. People have accused City of being a 'one-man team' but the general feeling appears to be that we can let him go if he really wants to leave and we will survive. At Utd Rooney is supposed to be one of many key players however the Reds did absolutely everything they could to ensure they didn't lose their star (even breaking their own wage structure etc. if rumours are to be believed).

It feels to me as if City's behaviour will determine how the Club evolves. If the Club continues to be in the driving seat (as with Marsh & Revie) we will be successful; if City follow Utd's lead and succumb to the player's demands then City may never find the success we hope for.

Well said, we have been through this before and we can do again, hopefully coming out stronger as a result.

seantheduck said:
Poster sums it up for me....100%
Our goals this season not chnaged - top 4 and any cup final a bonus. We are in a very good position and key players seem to be finding their feet. I was surprised myself that I was not more angry with news, reflection of the quality in our squad and faith in manager and execs at club.
Looking forward to reading Gary's book as on my christmas list!

I agree. I believe City can win the title with or without Tevez and I think the news would have been extremely worrying had it happened last year, but now it's not so much an issue to me.

As for the book... From what I hear Santa will need to get a stronger sleigh. The book weighs about 1.6kg and from what I hear the elves are packing them up at the moment!

Great post Gary, a little bit of balance and consideration for the behind the scenes work of mr cook, mr marwood, and mr mubarak. I hope this situation is one which leads to the players ,fans and staff of the club galvanising for the big push to the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.