No-one passing to Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt watch last nights game as had other committments, but kept track of the score.

Came on here to get the post match thoughts and it didnt surprise me to find that once again Haaland was making the runs but nobody was actually feeding the ball through to him

Regardless of his goal tally so far, the lad has been making superb runs all season yet i can probably count on one finger the amount of times one of our players has actually played him through

More accustomed to the sight of Haaland looking totally pissed off with his hands thrown in the air as instead of running onto the ball he finds it going backwards or sideways instead

Believe it wasnt until Kev came on that Haaland got a sniff

Something has to give, cos for it to be continuing as it is, seems to suggest that the players are just not choosing to put him through

So many poor comments. How can people listen to the morons on co comms who think it’s just as easy as playing FIFA on the XBox, just pass to Haaland and he’d have 50 goals by now.

It’s a delicate balance between dominating possession and playing killer balls, it’ll come with time but it’s already going better than any of us could’ve hoped for. Every blue would’ve snapped your hand off in august if they’d been offered 25 Haaland goals after 21 league games
Pmsl

Haaland is completely wasted at City. Everyone knows his strengths and everyone else would be playing to them. The man is a monster goal machine. Only at City do they completely ignore him at times. Bernie had the pass on several times yesterday but played not one. No wonder Haaland is pissed off and no wonder the rumours of a crack in his relationship with Pep are appearing. We scored just as many goals last year at this stage without Haaland and so his benefit to us is minimal. That's on Pep. He needs to earn his millions and find a solution damn quick or this season is going to fizzle out to nothing. Fortunately we still have the CL and the FA Cup to play for so it's not too late to get something out of it.
He’s not wasted at City at all. We’re just not playing as a team to his strengths in every game.

So far he’s scoring at a higher rate at City (1.11 goals per game) than he was at Dortmund (0.97 goals per game). And has already scored more goals this season (31 goals in 28 games) than he did last season for Dortmund (29 goals in 30 games).

In half a season, he’s already outscored the last four seasons’ Prem Golden Boot winners over full seasons.

There are no rumours of a crack in his relationship with Pep.

We as a team need to improve all-round and in finding ways to play with Haaland in every game, but Haaland himself has got a hell of a lot of improving to do as well outside his goalscoring.

So many poor comments. How can people listen to the morons on co comms who think it’s just as easy as playing FIFA on the XBox, just pass to Haaland and he’d have 50 goals by now.

It’s a delicate balance between dominating possession and playing killer balls, it’ll come with time but it’s already going better than any of us could’ve hoped for. Every blue would’ve snapped your hand off in august if they’d been offered 25 Haaland goals after 21 league games
Did you actually watch the game yesterday? Turgid negative shit with zero end product

If you think we’re all in dreamland because of Haaland’s goal tally then you really haven’t seen much of our football over the last five years

'We have the best striker but we don't pass the ball to him': easy explanation for our problems, but a stupid one.

Haaland scored his 4th hattrick in his 19th league game for the club two weeks ago. He has scored nearly 50% of our league goals which is far from healthy. When Aguero was on 25 league goals, we were close to 100 GF in the league. And we played better football back then.

It's like people want City to become FC Haaland and players pass the ball to him at every opportunity. Successful teams don't play like that. If we pass, pass, pass the ball to Haaland, he may score 70 league goals without City winning the title or even challenging for it.
if you think Haaland scoring 70 league goals WONT win us the title your absolutely delusional.

He’s not wasted at City at all. We’re just not playing as a team to his strengths in every game.

So far he’s scoring at a higher rate at City (1.11 goals per game) than he was at Dortmund (0.97 goals per game). And has already scored more goals this season (31 goals in 28 games) than he did last season for Dortmund (29 goals in 30 games).

In half a season, he’s already outscored the last four seasons’ Prem Golden Boot winners over full seasons.

There are no rumours of a crack in his relationship with Pep.

We as a team need to improve all-round and in finding ways to play with Haaland in every game, but Haaland himself has got a hell of a lot of improving to do as well outside his goalscoring.
Some players are just goal scorers and that's all you get and if that's to his level it's fair enough.

If pep tries to turn him into a Kane there is a good chance he will become less of a player.

When he scored his 25 league goals did he dribble alone past the whole opposition team or did somebody pass to him ?

So he’s been passed to successfully 8 times more than his nearest rival.

Ignore the media shite from morons desperate to put a bad spin on the best transfer of the decade.
I didn't listen to the match as I never do when its Neville and Carragher, so I am oblivious to what they may have said.

What i do know, is that I have 2 eyes that rarely deceive me. It is plan to see what is happening and it is not just me that is noticing it. Haaland is not being used as he should. Yes he may have 25 goals, but how many of them are from being passed to through the middle or over the top. That is where he is most suited. He is a 7ft beast. Them little passes, dinks and cut throughs will more often than not end up with a chance on goal, a free kick, a pen.

Don't know whether you are wumming or whether you don't actually watch the games, as it is plain to see that something is seriously wrong.

if you think Haaland scoring 70 league goals WONT win us the title your absolutely delusional.

You are taking my point too literally. Besides, if the other players score only 30 goals due to pass, pass, pass to Haaland, we can easily fail to win the title. We scored 102 goals in 19/20 and won only 81 pts.

It's absolutely delusional to think that City can turn into FC Haaland and win the title. Teams win titles, not superstars plus 10 other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.