No-one passing to Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he scored his 25 league goals did he dribble alone past the whole opposition team or did somebody pass to him ?

So he’s been passed to successfully 8 times more than his nearest rival.

Ignore the media shite from morons desperate to put a bad spin on the best transfer of the decade.

I can see with my own eyes. Imagine how many he'd score if he was passed the ball more often. Open your eyes and watch the game. He may as well be sat on the bench.

Honestly I would not begrudge him putting in a transfer request in summer. Absolute joke that we have someone like him and yet we don’t fucking play to his strengths. Pep is so obsessed with keeping the ball but football is about putting the ball in the net.
It's almost like we should not have signed him if we weren't going to play around him.

Although he has scored a shit load already.

Think the issue is that teams have worked out how to block our passes into him. But it's made easy for them by how slow our passing has been, pretty much since the WC.

Well within his rights to tell us to fuck off in the summer if this carries on to the end of the season, the boy never stops but one day he will. What's the point in putting himself out every game for not 1 single through ball.
He had scored 31goals don't you know, so he must have had some service this seasons.

I think players so stressed about giving away the ball due to Pep's obsession, we rarely try even crosses in first instance, we pull it back, try to bring it back, recycle bit more until we have better crossing chance even at the expense of ball ending up back at Ederson. Mahrez and Grealish doing this all the time.

Now through balls even more rare than crossing.

funny is we still lose hell of a lot of balls these days, not due to bad through balls but awful short passes or simply heavy touches or just panic by being pressed and tackled...

It’s all on Peps players being programmed - but it’s not rocket science to adapt - football in its simplest form is getting the ball quickly to a world class number 9 behind the defenders - it’s like Pep and the team have unwrapped a present but don’t quite know what to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.