No PL Penalty In 2 Years Away From Home

Re: No PL Penalty In 2 Years

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
Last season we were one of 4 clubs to not get a penalty going in our favour away from home, yet we got the same number of penalties for us at home as United got in their favour at home. United only got 2 away from home, which was one of the lowest in the league.
In the 2010/2011 season we actually got 4 more penalties overall more than United, (9 for us, 5 for them), did during that season.

What's the problem?
You don't think it odd to receive 15 pens on the bounce at home?

For me it shows that refs are swayed by crowds to a huge degree.
How long was that spread over though? Any stats can be plucked out of the air however the OP in his mis-leading thread title suggests that no penalty has been given to us away from home for 2 years. I went back 2 years and plucked stats to show that whilst that stat is correct, there are also other stats which show that we had a large number of penalties awarded at home, and of course that we weren't the only club to not have an away penalty last season. For the record we got 1 penalty away from home in the 2010/11 season, so it's not even as if it's 2 full seasons without having had one awarded.

-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 am --

blueinsa said:
SWP's back said:
You don't think it odd to receive 15 pens on the bounce at home?

For me it shows that refs are swayed by crowds to a huge degree.

Or a fear of certain managers and the influence they and the clubs they represent can have on a career......
Despite United only having 5 penalties in 2010/11 as opposed to our 9? So I guess you're referring to Mancini there then?

You know full well I'm not.

Dont have it too hand but well documented evidence of Slurgie berating an official only for that ref not get a rags game again for a long time if ever.

Poll has also admitted that a fear of his wrath was always at the back of a refs mind.

Gill also has a little influence now wouldn't you say?

It's the last 15 pens we have received pidge, over a two year period.

Not that I'm sure it matters how long a time period it is over.

15 in a row at home is fucking odd and suggests that we are not being reffed the same away as at home.

SWP's back said:

15 in a row at home is fucking odd and suggests that we are not being reffed the same away as at home.
So all the away teams on the receiving end of those penalties will all have the same argument. On that basis you're right.

I do put alot of it down to cowardly referees who just favour the home team because they are scared of the crowd and in our case the fact we are the big bad wolf means they seem to take pleasure in denying clear pens but giving the opposition soft ones ie Micah Everton, Silva Chelsea, Riise Fulham etc etc etc

Pigeonho said:
Last season we were one of 4 clubs to not get a penalty going in our favour away from home, yet we got the same number of penalties for us at home as United got in their favour at home. United only got 2 away from home, which was one of the lowest in the league.
In the 2010/2011 season we actually got 4 more penalties overall more than United, (9 for us, 5 for them), did during that season.

What's the problem?
Also, when should we have had a penalty, really? The odd occasion? It's not like we have one every week that isn't given and it's not like United have had 25. Not really a big thing for me.

Lots and lots of our possession isn't in the box for minutes in end; lots is on the half way line. People do know you can't get a penalty outside the box don't they?

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:

So all the away teams on the receiving end of those penalties will all have the same argument. On that basis you're right.
No pidge you are not following a fairly simple trail of thought.

Do you think something appears wrong when we receive 15 penalties in a row at home whilst not receiving one away in 2 years?

We were lucky not to go down to 9 men yesterday. If Mark Clattenberg had applied the letter of the law Mario would have been off for his second bad challenge which was easily a bookable offence. Mario didn't help himself by arguing against the free kick at the time and when walking off at half time.

No option other than to send off James Milner.

A good performance by Mark Clattenberg and a very good performance by 10 men against a good WBA team.

danburge82 said:
Pigeonho said:

What's the problem?
Also, when should we have had a penalty, really? The odd occasion? It's not like we have one every week that isn't given and it's not like United have had 25. Not really a big thing for me.

Lots and lots of our possession isn't in the box for minutes in end; lots is on the half way line. People do know you can't get a penalty outside the box don't they?
Yes so your strawman falls down.

SWP's back said:

But it's not just us. Why do people get the idea that its just us? Other teams don't get an equivalent amount of penalties away from home as they do at home even if they boss possession both home and away. United have had two more penalties than us in the same period.

danburge82 said:
SWP's back said:

But it's not just us. Why do people get the idea that its just us? Other teams don't get an equivalent amount of penalties away from home as they do at home even if they boss possession both home and away. United have had two more penalties than us in the same period.
Utd have had two pens away in 2 years?

You may wish to check that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.