No PL Penalty In 2 Years Away From Home

Re: No PL Penalty In 2 Years

SWP's back said:
MCFC BOB said:
Pigeonho said:
Last season we were one of 4 clubs to not get a penalty going in our favour away from home, yet we got the same number of penalties for us at home as United got in their favour at home. United only got 2 away from home, which was one of the lowest in the league.
In the 2010/2011 season we actually got 4 more penalties overall more than United, (9 for us, 5 for them), did during that season.

What's the problem?
And those two were in one game, weren't they?
What does that have to do with City receiving 15 consecutive home penalties?
Apologies, I was referring to Pige's point about United getting two penalties away from home last season.

danburge82 said:
SWP's back said:
danburge82 said:
Stonewall was the key word I thought. Those at Norwich could have gone either way when the refs have one view at ine angke at one speed, and they did.

Yes I agree about Richards, that was a definite pen no matter how you look at it.

But is that it? Two in two years?
No but people don't note every decision down on a pukka pad do they.

The Norwich ones were stonewall also.

Either way it doesn't explain 15 in a row at home when generally play the same style home and away. I'd love to see if any other club have had such a run of penalties.
United at 15:2 are pretty similar.

I can't help but think that stat is completely wrong.

By the last 2 years I presume we are meaning the 2010/11 season and the 2011/12 season as well as this one so far?

Considering United won the league in the 10/11 I can remember that fat wanker scoring a pen away at west ham then swearing down the camera, he also scored the pen away at Blackburn to win them the league, I also remember them getting 2 penalties away at Chelsea last season in the 3-3 as well as having Van Persie miss one away at Southampton this season.

I just reeled them off the top of my head and that is already 5 penalties they've had away from home in the league.

brian the blue said:
danburge82 said:
SWP's back said:

Either way it doesn't explain 15 in a row at home when generally play the same style home and away. I'd love to see if any other club have had such a run of penalties.

By the last 2 years I presume we are meaning the 2010/11 season and the 2011/12 season as well as this one so far?

Considering United won the league in the 10/11 I can remember that fat wanker scoring a pen away at west ham then swearing down the camera, he also scored the pen away at Blackburn to win them the league, I also remember them getting 2 penalties away at Chelsea last season in the 3-3 as well as having Van Persie miss one away at Southampton this season.

I just reeled them off the top of my head and that is already 5 penalties they've had away from home in the league.
The stat is wrong mate which is why I asked him for his source. Their record (since we stopped being awarded penalties away from home) is not at all similar to ours.

brian the blue said:
danburge82 said:
SWP's back said:

Exactly, glad you have a better memory than me, basically, bollox stats to defend the indefensible.

You have to question the loyalty of City fans who go out oftheir way to try and disprove (albeit failing abjectly) to try and prove that there is no bias ormore strongly an agenda against our club and infavour of the rags.

All the 'evidence' is overwhelmingly in favour of the fact that the referees, the governing bodies do everything in their favour to disadvantage us, whether that be FFP, overwhelmingly hard champions league groups and conversely the opposite for the rags, atrocious refereeing decisions continually going against us at crucial stages in games, the way the fixtures are organised giving us limited rest, it happens time and time again. How these 'blues' can't see it beggars belief. It is objectivity gone beyond objectivity to actually going native to try and defend the indefensible.

I'm not sure about last season but United have had two away penalties already this season... RvP took them both, missed one (Southampton) and scored one (Liverpool).

Adebayor v Wolves was less than 2 years ago.

Not seen a replay of yesterdays hand ball in or out the area yet.

Corky said:

Well it'll be more than 2 years ago by the time we play away in the league again. :)

Arsenal apparently didn't get a home penalty last season, Wenger is moaning about it a lot.

LoveCity said:
Corky said:

Well it'll be more than 2 years ago by the time we play away in the league again. :)

Arsenal apparently didn't get a home penalty last season, Wenger is moaning about it a lot.

Well it worked for the other guy.

This is nothing new - penalties at Anfileld was the basis of a Daglish /Ferguson row in about 1988. Daglish said as they attack more it makes sense that they get more.

LoveCity said:
I'm not sure about last season but United have had two away penalties already this season... RvP took them both, missed one (Southampton) and scored one (Liverpool).

Yes and not only that both of them potential game changers.

Would be nice to see us struggling a la the rags at Southampton and be awarded a penalty to get back into it but obviously not happened for two years.

When you actually think about that, considering the amount of attacking we do in most games, it is an absolutely shocking statistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.