Noel Gallagher - Chasing Yesterday

Went to the gig last night and it was fantastic ,love some of the new stuff ,few Oasis classics ,Johnny Marr and made a new friend in Tommy Booth what more can you want .
Last night proved that there is still demand for an Oasis return in whatever guise it happens,Champagne Supernova was ridiculously good last night.

blue12 said:
Went to the gig last night and it was fantastic ,love some of the new stuff ,few Oasis classics ,Johnny Marr and made a new friend in Tommy Booth what more can you want .
Last night proved that there is still demand for an Oasis return in whatever guise it happens,Champagne Supernova was ridiculously good last night.
Spot on.

I'm not sure if Chasing Yesterday is quite as good as the self titled, but it's still really good. Saw him last night and it was great when Marr joined him on stage.

It still baffles me how people don't recognise Dig Out Your Soul as one of the best Oasis albums, Noel's been on great form since 2008.

liamctid said:
It still baffles me how people don't recognise Dig Out Your Soul as one of the best Oasis albums, Noel's been on great form since 2008.

Hmm not sure. Doesnt have the raw edge and feeling of definately maybe, morning glory and The Masterplan for me , loved 'the turning', 'waiting for the rapture' and 'falling down' though.

BlueHammer85 said:
liamctid said:

Hmm not sure. Doesnt have the raw edge and feeling of definately maybe, morning glory and The Masterplan for me , loved 'the turning', 'waiting for the rapture' and 'falling down' though.

I don't think I'd lose any sleep if I was told that I'd never hear a song off Morning Glory again.

He came on just after 9 and was finished at about 10:45.

He mentioned United losing about 5 times last night, and dedicated Dream On to the squad after announcing Arsenal won.

ctidcarl said:
Pezzer2 said:
Please PM me anyone. Got a long train journey tomorrow, need some more tunes, Noel is a legend. Oh and any Charlatan fans out there, the new album is fantastic!

I really want to like Noel's latest album, but am slightly disappointed at the moment after first listen - hopefully it's a "grower"

Now, that Charlatans new album "Modern Nature" is the dogs danglies - Deluxe Edition with Remixes, there's not one bad song on there.

Cannot recommend the new Charlie's album highly enough

I haven't got round to listening to Noel's new album yet but i have to agree with you re The Charlatans new album. It's f**king amazing. There's one track on there that wouldn't be out of place on Tellin' Stories. Like you said, not one bad track on it (i only got the standard release).

Listened to it once
First impressions:

Riverman - Fernando
In The Heat Of The Moment - Fernando
The Girl With X-Ray Eyes - Bony
Lock All The Doors - Fernando
Dying of the Light - Aguerooooooo
The Right Stuff - Aguerooooooo
While The Song Remains The Same - Aguerooooooo
The Mexican - Aguerooooooo
You Know We Can't Go Back - Fernando
Ballad Of The Mighty I - Bony
Do The Damage (Bonus Track) - Aguerooooooo
Revolution Song - Fernando (sounds like a poor copy of Carry Us All)
Freaky Teeth (Bonus Track) - Aguerooooooo

6 Aguerooooooos / 5 Fernandos / 2 Bonys

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.