Noel Gallagher on Talksport

Gallagher to Carragher...

"Oh well, never mind, there's always next year eh? Or the year after, or the year after that."

Last edited:
You do not hear of many celebrities or anyone for that matter who regularly sticks up for us in the media. He is approached because he an intelligent, witty, down to earth guy, who comes across as a typical fan, who can speak eloquently and with some humour.
The fact that he sticks up for us in the media is why David Silva and other players respect him, it is why David gave him his Cup final shirt, why Yaya wanted a photo with him and the cup in the dressing room, why Kompany gave him his captains arm band and why the club invited him into the dressing room.
The club and players obviously appreciate what he does for the club and whether you like the guy or not it is sad some of our fans can not see what a great ambassador he is for City, regularly sicking up for us in the media.
To me it is obvious he is a real fan and feels our pane when we lose but even when we do he will still be there in the media fighting our corner. The guy is a blue through and through as attested by the fact the he and his brother were seen at away games when we were in the third tier and getting abuse from away fans for supporting a shit team. Carry on Noel you are doing a great job.

Good post. As for latching on, as others have said, he's been going years. He's not latched on to City too boost his career, it's probably the other way round. He had a season ticket in the Platt Lane, in front of me so I know it's not rubbish, at City maybe before the poster who claimed he latched on to City latched on to City himself!!

You cant deny that 'hey jude' has attracted thousands of our supporters!!! ;)

On another note I never get bored listening to or watching interviews with him talking about City, past and present. Even when we were s##t he was still good value for a laugh in his interviews and I think in a lot of ways he reflects what the rest of us are to a wider audience i.e love City, hate United, beer, banter, sorted!

Noel is definitely good values in his interviews. It helps that the Talkshite presenters are star struck by Noel so he gets away with stuff callers never would. He's a rock and roll star!

Noel has clearly been significant to many middle aged international Blues. He just isn't that important to the growth of our Club. That said, it is much better to have Noel standing up for City than e.g. having to listen to Mick Hucknall on the rags etc.

He's quick witted and his tongue is pretty sharp, but please. An IQ of 200 ?

For the record I have no complaints about his connection with City or his post victory free-loading, if we could, we would..... probably (Preemptively added for the "How-Do-You-Know-What-I'd-Do" brigade)

An IQ of 200. I'll still be laughing about that next week.
Yeah, could be more like 300 now you come to mention it! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.