Noel Gallagher on Talksport

No him and his brother are complete dicks I hate how they latch onto the club, Noel thinking he is some sort of unofficial fans spokesman.

That's a bizarre and petty post for me. Liam seldom covers himself in glory, but I actively enjoy Noel representing City, cos he's witty, sharp, and I know that he will almost always get the better of whichever anti-City naysayer he's pitted against, be it Goldstein & Cunty, the Soccer AM gang, Carragher or Neville. He can carry on as an unofficial spokesman for as long as he likes IMO, and I marvel that any City fan would object to him doing so. Who would you rather have? Nesbitt? Fatty Holmes? Stan Boardman? As to 'latching on to the club', I can remember sitting right behind him at both Spurs and Watford back when we were shit, and I think it's well documented that he went to every game home and away one season in the late 80's

I was watching LOST (again) recently and they modelled Drive Shaft off Oasis:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Drive_Shaft

Pretty big honour for them as LOST is one of the US's most popular shows of all time. It shows how big they are and how good it is for Noel to be the face of our club in terms of a powerful spokesperson as he is such a huge star globally.
I've always wondered if one of the main guys involved on Lost had some connection to Manchester. He had involvement with Lost, Fringe and White Collar and all 3 have a good few Manchester references. In WC the Manc actress who was also in Lost(forget her name) even talked in her real accent for an ep whereas she always played a yank, even Didsbury got a mention. Maybe its just Manchester getting more famous like in Jessica Jones the Character played by David Tennant was a Mancunian.

Last edited:
No him and his brother are complete dicks I hate how they latch onto the club, Noel thinking he is some sort of unofficial fans spokesman.

Would you rather have Dave Wallace or that Kevin Parker from the supporters club as an unofficial spokesman or Noel Gallagher? There isn't many clubs who can bost an unofficial spokesman with the charisma and stature of Noel. If you get chance watch his interview with Fenners called City Man and you might change your opinion of him.

Our average home gate is 54,000.
I liked Oasis a lot but I reckon we'd still be averaging well over 53,500 if Oasis had never existed. That said, I know some of these Burnage families are big and madferrit!

You cant deny that 'hey jude' has attracted thousands of our supporters!!! ;)

On another note I never get bored listening to or watching interviews with him talking about City, past and present. Even when we were s##t he was still good value for a laugh in his interviews and I think in a lot of ways he reflects what the rest of us are to a wider audience i.e love City, hate United, beer, banter, sorted!

Would you rather have Dave Wallace or that Kevin Parker from the supporters club as an unofficial spokesman or Noel Gallagher? There isn't many clubs who can bost an unofficial spokesman with the charisma and stature of Noel. If you get chance watch his interview with Fenners called City Man and you might change your opinion of him.

Just to add to that I think the phrase 'latch on to the club is a bit harsh', its not like they only started supporting City post take over, they'd still be fans if we were in the Vanarama league ffs

Noel is sharp and adds a City point of view into the mainstream media as he is approachable amongst Sky Sports shows and their presenters.

I like Liam but it is obvious that Noel is the more people person of the two. It is rare to see somebody on Sky representing us and will be til some of our current crop retire, so I'm happy for Noel to be used as a face. He makes fair comments, and even though he loves City he will pass comment on other clubs without blue tinted spectacles.

And just like Aguero, Silva etc are our heroes; that is what Noel is to them. You have to appreciate that and it is only a positive for our club and gives some of our best players an extra emotional tie to our club.

And may I add, fair fucking play to the bloke for moving out of Manchester and achieving what he has, in an almost impossible industry to crack. Who cares if he lives in London or wherever? Some people can't see past the end of their own nose. London offers his kids the best schools and future employment, no brainer when you have the wealth of Noel Gallagher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.